Krosus log comparison

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
fiskeboss

Krosus log comparison

Unread postby fiskeboss Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:43 am

I've been looking for ways to improve as a fire mage, and I stumbled upon someone with similar legendaries and traits to me on warcraftlogs, who is performing a lot better:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/co ... amage-done" target="_blank

I can see he is getting off far more fireballs and pyro's than me, and this is the main source of the gap in damage, but why? Do I have downtime (and how can I see that on warcraftlogs)? Can Erratic Metronome account for the entire difference? I'm I gearing incorrectly (I am using SimCraft to generate stats weights)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dyalia

Re: Krosus log comparison

Unread postby Dyalia Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:03 pm

The only things I noticed whilst comparing with http://www.checkmywow.com/ is, that he has critted more fireballs than you, which could be a gear issue, but I can't check your arsenal cause you have frost gear and spec on. Also he has 16s more uptime casting on the boss(you have 32 seconds downtime and he has 16 seconds downtime).
fiskeboss

Unread postby fiskeboss Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:54 pm

Thanks for replying, should have thought about logging out with the right gear.

My stats for the fight were:
Intellect: 48,097 Crit: 12,252 Haste: 6,012 Mastery: 5,885 Versatility: 2,489

The other guy's:
Intellect: 49,019 Crit: 13,859 Haste: 6,880 Mastery: 2,201 Versatility: 1,912

Checkmywow was a cool tool - didn't know about that, but analyzing the downtime it says I cancelled a lot of fireballs. Looking at the top fire mage for Krosus, it said the same for him. Could the tool be interpreting Shimmer as cancelled casts?
Dyalia

Unread postby Dyalia Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:20 am

Thanks for replying, should have thought about logging out with the right gear.

My stats for the fight were:
Intellect: 48,097 Crit: 12,252 Haste: 6,012 Mastery: 5,885 Versatility: 2,489

The other guy's:
Intellect: 49,019 Crit: 13,859 Haste: 6,880 Mastery: 2,201 Versatility: 1,912

Checkmywow was a cool tool - didn't know about that, but analyzing the downtime it says I cancelled a lot of fireballs. Looking at the top fire mage for Krosus, it said the same for him. Could the tool be interpreting Shimmer as cancelled casts?
So he head like 3-4 % more crit and on top of that metronome which should greatly improve your damage. Also he had 1k int more than you. Looking at his stats as a whole, he is simply better itemized for ST than you(more haste). I dont know if its true but it could be, that checkmywow sometimes mistakenly record a cancelled cast, if you cast fireblast mid fireball cast. I'm not sure though.
SSherlock

Unread postby SSherlock Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:26 am

They had more fireball casts than you. This means they positioned themselves better to hit the boss during burning pitch. I couldnt watch their replay on warcraft logs, but you soaked a pitch further away. Which means you had more downtime of not casting. Idk what the other guy did but they probably put themselves in a better position to always be casting.

Also on average. their number of fireball / pyro critted more often than yours. This could result in the back to back fireball -> hotstreak pyro ->chaining and hence more pryo casts overall.
Andrestes

Unread postby Andrestes Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:52 am

also remember that Krosus is more of a mechanics fight. maybe the other mage just picks the nearest swirl and soaks the add there, while you shimmer to the back of the bridge to help soak the harder to get adds. his damage is gonna look much better because he can stay on the boss the whole time, while you're trying to run back and maybe burning down an add or two on the way. Krosus is such a crappy fight for fire, I wouldn't read too much into it.

quick edit- looked at the logs again- it's really just the 15-30 seconds between 2:00 and 2:30 that makes all the difference.
Dyalia

Unread postby Dyalia Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:28 am

This fight isn't good for all mage specs to be honest. Somehow raidleaders assume mages are perfect for soaking the swirls widest away(which they are with shimmer) and shit on you for not doing enough dps. Irony I guess :roll: If you're soaking far away from the boss(not in range anymore) and you do adds as a mage, you won't achieve a top 90% log.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”