[Frost] Log Review for 95+ percentile

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Misaki

[Frost] Log Review for 95+ percentile

Unread postby Misaki Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:04 am

Disclaimer: I'm asking for an extremely high-end log review. This isn't a thing of trying to show off my logs or I'm failing at basic easy things, I'm asking for a log review to push myself to the 100th percentile.

Just some notes on the logs:
-I wouldn't bother looking at normal nighthold
-I have 2 kills on the first 3 bosses because I joined a really bad pug and left after the 3rd boss and joined a new fresh clear pug.
-Somethings I've noticed I can improve on after looking at them myself is to start doing Triple Ice lancing after flurry
-I don't keep track of chain reaction/IF and don't try to play around it at all

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... bracket=-1" target="_blank
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/r ... %AE/simple" target="_blank

Thanks a lot for looking at them and helping me where possible, sorry if it might've been a waste of your time but I know of somethings I can improve on looking at it myself.

As for some other questions,

When I'm in frozen orb should I consider saving FoF procs and casting them at high IF stacks? (Without munching ofc)
Should I even bother to play around IF?
Is using Blizzard with freezing rain worth it during frozen orb (I'd guess yes but apparently it actually isn't)
Am I missing on something obvious? It feels like I'm missing out on something obvious or not playing around something I should
Mage

Re: [Frost] Log Review for 95+ percentile

Unread postby Mage Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:51 am

To push to 100 you have to ignore mechanics more. Half the raid is above you on Krossus add damage, while you should be dead last on them and tunnel the boss 24/7 (unless they are clumped and you have fof).
Never soak far behind, blink sideways and say it bugged. Etc.
Classic scumbag log padding, nothing new here.
Misaki

Unread postby Misaki Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:21 am

To push to 100 you have to ignore mechanics more. Half the raid is above you on Krossus add damage, while you should be dead last on them and tunnel the boss 24/7 (unless they are clumped and you have fof).
Never soak far behind, blink sideways and say it bugged. Etc.
Classic scumbag log padding, nothing new here.
If you look at the damage taken from burning embers, they weren't a problem at all. We have set in stone positions in our raid team of where everyone in our raid team has to soak (approximate) and our raid leader put the highest dpsing players in front.
As for adds damage, what's there to damage? It's not like I ignored the adds and tunneled onto the boss, the adds would just die so fast I couldn't get any damage off, when the largest amount of adds came in (last phase) I had to use ice block so I couldn't get any damage from those adds except for my pre-cast blizzard and frozen orb.
The actual kill was extremely clean with very few moments of being stormed by adds and as a frost mage, I can't see any reason to not swap to adds since I don't lose any damage from doing it? (Fire mages lose ignite etc.)

Unless you're talking about heroic krosus, I 100 percent stood dead still on that fight and refused to do any mechanics, and it was glorious.

Back to the point, I'm more of asking for things like rotational help, since I'll repeat what I said before, it feels like I'm doing something wrong, something in my gut doesn't feel right, and I really badly want to figure out what it is.

EDIT: Should mention the fact that the top 5 damage done on the adds are so high is simply the way we handled the adds is we had everyone move back and clear from the back forward, then for the front adds just aoe down, any adds that didn't get soaked at the back people like me would handle who have a lot of front loaded damage, and adds at the front the melee would handle as well as people with lots of on demand AoE burst (Fire Diadem)
Mage

Unread postby Mage Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:15 am

I was being serious about ignoring mechanics. That's how I finally got past 1m DPS on mythic trillax - by not eating cakes. Its similar on most bosses.
Misaki

Unread postby Misaki Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:40 am

I was being serious about ignoring mechanics. That's how I finally got past 1m DPS on mythic trillax - by not eating cakes. Its similar on most bosses.
I wish I could, in heroic pugs it's fine but my guild knows that I want to get 100 percentile logs, so they are mega on purpose and give me all the shit jobs no matter how much I ask to focus on dps, I use to be in the group that went right on Chronomatic (Boss went right) as well for a while, but we got another ele shaman who took my place in later kills at least. Now that we've killed Mythic Krosus I'll probably have to go to the very very back since my dps won't be needed anymore :(
subtlexgaming

Unread postby subtlexgaming Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:56 pm

You can do mechanics and still parse 95-100 you just can't be garbage and you need to get some RNG for the 100. Frost parses can be made or broke with bad RNG. However for example, I pulled 950k on mythic krosus while soaking most far back fel. I soaked two not as far back, but I still soaked. Without a FoF or Flurry proc I don't do much to adds, but interrupt cause frostbolt does nothing. Use lock gates to get back close to the boss (within range). Time your CDs. Don't pop when you are about to have to out range the boss in 5-10 seconds to soak. Overall good guild DPS helps as well. Our kill times are usually around 5 mins. Just enough for me to get 3 set's of CD's, but also not too fast. I use 2nd after I soak a fel. Splitting ICE and getting all double ice lances is a must. I do not have bracers or gloves FYI. Sephuzs/Exodar
Mage

Unread postby Mage Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:21 pm

Exactly.
Just don't suck and you'll parse 100.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”