DPS Problem

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
SnaxOP

DPS Problem

Unread postby SnaxOP Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:37 pm

Hey guys i need help
I dont know where the problem is with my dps
Maybe its the Stats atm that i have to much Mastery atm or smth else...
Here are my amory http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/a ... s/advanced" target="_blank
and here are my logs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 761/latest" target="_blank
Drozzy

Re: DPS Problem

Unread postby Drozzy Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:04 pm

Looking through a few different fights, there are 2 big things that stand out to me.
1) Your ice lance damage (compared to other mages) is incredibly low. For most players, ice lance is their #1 damage dealing spell, oftentimes by a considerable margin. On a lot of your single target logs, (I looked at Star Augur, Krosus, and Ursoc) your ice lance damage dealt is your 3rd damaging ability, behind flurry and frostbolt.
2) Your icy veins uptime is incredibly low. You're usually getting like, maybe 30 second durations when you should be capable of getting about a minute, or more.

Reasons?
Dissecting your Star Augur logs, I found a major problem:
-You generated 60 Brain Freezes, and casted flurry 57 times. This means you're doing a good job of not munching BF.
-You generated 44 FoF. Which seems reasonable to me since you don't have the gloves.
-57flurries + 44 FoF = 101 possible ice lances. Logs show you casted 67. This makes me suspect that you are making a fundamental error in the rotation. I would have to dig extremely deep to figure out your error for sure, but here is my best guess:
*You're munching your FoF procs a lot because you're not managing the rotation correctly. At the simplest level, your goal for procs should be: Use all FoF->Consume BF (With frostbolt->flurry->ice lance). FoF makes your ice lance shatter. Winter's Chill (The debuff from a BF flurry), makes all spells in the time window shatter. There is NO benefit to throwing a FoF IL into a Winter's Chill debuff. The IL would shatter even without the FoF proc, so the FoF proc is wasted (aka munched). My best guess is that you're using your flurries while you have FoF still, which is wasting your procs.

*Hopefully the above can help with your IV uptime, but I'll give you some opener advice because a good opener can make a big difference (and I can't tell what opener you are using currently).
~3s before pull: Prepot+ebonbolt->flurry->IV->ice lance->orb->frostbolt(1-2 times based on orb travel time)->use your procs. Filler with frostbolts. (FoF>BF>frostbolt is your 'basic' priority)

P.S.
You said you have a lot of mastery, and I found that your IV uptime is very low, and you have the ideal legendaries... so you could probably consider giving a Glacial Spike build a try. Up to you.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”