Frost T19 4 piece bonus. Worth it?

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Winkers

Frost T19 4 piece bonus. Worth it?

Unread postby Winkers Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:08 pm

Moderator note: moved to Q&A.

I am sorry if this has been addressed already, looking through some threads I can't really see it. And, since the new raid will be out in a couple of months, I am kind of late to the party. But, is the set bonus really worth the gear, if you have better itemized pieces?

I specifically look at the Chest Piece for example. And the Cloak. When I have stat values in Pawn loaded up, it has shown an 850 WQ reward as being an upgrade over my 890 Heroic Tier piece. And, stats on the cloak are almost as bad. I do have the Tier Helm, but don't use it in favour of the haste / crit one from NH. And, forced into making a choice since I have the Legendary Gloves.
Long winded to get to the point, but here it is. If I can get better Itemized pieces for say Chest and Cloak, wouldnt that be better then the set bonus? I know Pawn doesn't take that into account, but how much is it actually worth? Seems weak to me.
araiyna

Re: Frost T19 4 piece bonus. Worth it?

Unread postby araiyna Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:16 pm

Was wondering this myself. This became a bit of an issue for me when I got Vashj gloves. Had a titanforged tier glove before. I gave up 4 piece a while ago and just run 2 piece. I have very strong shoulders and leggings and head (all non tier pieces) so I am currently running Tier 2-piece with chest and cloak (which feels bad somehow). But this seems to sim best for me. I don't see how I will ever run 4-piece even though I think it would be better for IV uptime with the gloves. I'm waiting to get higher level tier pieces before considering the switch back. But when I run sims (raidbots lets you easily sub in pieces), they all seem to sim lower than what I have now - even with 4 piece (which I am assuming simcraft takes into account).
Rubblatus

Unread postby Rubblatus Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:28 am

You're going to have to sim it yourself, but my experience was that the 4-pc bonus is minute enough that it's hard to justify it unless you've nothing better. In my case, that bonus is competing against Lady Vashj's Gloves and the 900 Head/890 Shoulder Nightwell Arcanum set though.
Pytson

Unread postby Pytson Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:16 am

Symulations with Ask mr. robot often resulting to use only 2-pieces. That's confused me too.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”