Krosus help... I suck eggs!

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Howlingstar

Krosus help... I suck eggs!

Unread postby Howlingstar Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:52 pm

Hey, tried previously but perhaps was too vague
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2r ... 4false%240" target="_blank

Here's a link to some logs for last night killing krosus - im Howlingstar.
Theres another fire mage mofowofo with similar gear and he slaughters me. I know im doing something wrong but i can't figure out what.

Please help!
Allysonna

Re: Krosus help... I suck eggs!

Unread postby Allysonna Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:04 am

I'm not real good at picking logs apart; however, I noticed that both the other mages on the logs you linked have http://www.wowhead.com/item=132406/marq ... e-sun-king and you don't.

RNG is a real pain!!
Howlingstar

Unread postby Howlingstar Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:37 pm

Is that really the difference? Seems crazy just the one legendary is causing so much variance
House

Unread postby House Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:38 am

From a quick glance at the logs, your mastery is really high, for pure single target (krosus) you should be crit > haste >= vers with mastery a DISTANT 4th.

You also didn't line up your second hero with your cooldowns which would be a significant DPS loss.
sawbossnl

Unread postby sawbossnl Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:35 pm

Switch to frost you probably do more dps even without legos;) on krosus that is
SSherlock

Unread postby SSherlock Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:50 pm

Geeze people didn't even bother looking at logs.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/co ... type=auras" target="_blank

Time your 2nd time warp with combustion / MI - this should increase your dps. Also use 2nd pot at that time as well. Also wait until an orb goes out before using your combustion/mi , don't want to use all ur cds while doing orb mechanic.

didn't look into the rotation etc.but this is just something quick that should increase your overall dps - timewarp/lust on MI with 2nd pot should increase your damage. also- don't use cinderstorm. if you've casted it 10x during a 3minute fight, you're not using the talent properly - might as well use meteor.
subtlexgaming

Unread postby subtlexgaming Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:40 pm

Go frost and destroy them both without leggo's and less AP points. I swapped frost w/ just hero ring and sephuz about 4 weeks ago after being fire the entire expansion. I pulled 900k on mythic krosus the other day still without bracers/gloves frost legendary.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”