Frost Mage 4PC

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
MerzinMagi92

Frost Mage 4PC

Unread postby MerzinMagi92 Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:15 am

Mod edit: Moved to Q&A

I'm curious what your thoughts are on the Frost 4pc and if it's even worth it given the lack of good stats on most of the tier gear. The boost from 2PC to 4PC is a 1.9% DPS boost, and I'm curious if it's just better to stick with 2PC (4.2% DPS boost) and max out crit/haste gear in other slots? Given our stat priorities, any combination of shoulder, legs, or gloves seems best and you can choose depending on your present stats, but I wonder if filling everything else with crit/haste (or vers) would be better for DPS than wasting slots on tier with mastery just to get the 4PC - which I also read isn't as effective as 1.9% in game.

Any thoughts, as our stat priority has mastery so far behind vers/haste/crit (prior to shatter cap)?
Xantís

Re: Frost Mage 4PC

Unread postby Xantís Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:32 am

Recently I dropped 920 shoulders with his stats and same thoughts came into my mind. It all depends on your current stats and legendaries. Bis leggo give a lot of mastery and picking tier chest seems a heavy DPS downgrade. I jumped from 902 to 906 brackets with only 10k DPS increase. I collected a mini set from arc/cos which gives 3000 haste and sims higher for me than 4pc. I also made some tests and frozen orb with 4pc or without does the same amount of fof at 1 target . The difference begins with 2+ targets and it's pure RNG. Most of the time it's 2 fof more than without a set. I think if u have +10/15 ilvl pieces with bis stats it's definitely worth to drop 4pc

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”