Frozen Orb + FoF Priority

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Razmodius

Frozen Orb + FoF Priority

Unread postby Razmodius Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:29 pm

Mod edit: Moved to Q&A

Hey all, I'm just starting to learn Frost and one question I have is dealing with the FoF procs from Frozen Orb. I'm noticing that when Frozen Orb is active FoF is proccing very quickly (sometimes to the point that it goes from 0 charges to 3 in a second). When this happens I'm essentially chain casting Ice Lance 3-5 times until I'm out of charges. Is this best practice, or should I be saving them until 4-5 stacks of Incanters Flow?

To me, it seems like dumping the charges right away is best because you can get FoF procs so quickly and you don't want to lose a proc.
Vexim

Re: Frozen Orb + FoF Priority

Unread postby Vexim Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:43 pm

Probably best thread for the questions forum mate, but just cast them out, this avoids munching procs.
You don't want to try and game IF, by focusing on it too much you'll lose procs and dps. Just treat IF as a passive buff. :)
MerzinMagi92

Unread postby MerzinMagi92 Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:46 pm

Only really worry about IF when you don't have orb up, and say have 1 FoF up and no BF proc.. then if you want to wait for 5IF stacks you'll get the dps bump. Otherwise, as Vexim said just ignore IF.
Razmodius

Unread postby Razmodius Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:42 am

Awesome! That's what I thought but I just wanted to confirm. Thanks!

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”