Regarding Simulationcraft

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Itsmesoft

Regarding Simulationcraft

Unread postby Itsmesoft Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:29 pm

Mod edit: Moved to Q&A

Hello! I have Simulationcraft for 7.2 installed and when I do a /simc and run the simulation it says I have 852400 dps. When I then put the Pawn string into Pawn (Pawn is the newest version) it suggests that a ring I have in my bags would be a 15% upgrade to one of the rings I have equipped.

When I then equip the suggested upgrade and run a new /simc the results only comes to 851400 dps wich is 1k dps less then with the supposedly better ring. When I then put the Pawn string in it suggests that the two rings are equally good.

I have been doing this back and forth now 4 times with the same results. I find this confusing as the Simulationcraft 7.2 build (from April 8 2017) seems to be contradicting itself.

Also Im sitting at 32% ingame crit and yet Simulationcraft value crit the least for me and I have learned by reading that Frost Mage should be at 33.34%. Whats up with this? Why does Simulationcraft says that Crit is the least valued stat for me even though I havn't reached the crit "cap" yet?

This is what Simulationcraft tells me while I am on 32% crit in game:

Int: 1.00 Vers: 0.90 Haste: 0.84 Mastery: 0.58 Crit: 049

I find all this very confusing at it just doesn't add up and it's giving me the impression that Simulationcraft is not reliable! Am I missing something obvious here? Help to sort this out would be highly appreciated.

EDIT: Here is my battle.net profile - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... oft/simple" target="_blank
broedrost

Re: Simulationcraft not working properly? (Frost Mage)

Unread postby broedrost Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:40 pm

It's more of a pawn issue, not simulationcraft. Trust the sims and play what sims the highest for you :) I've had this problem too alot of times when you're close to shatter cap but it's just logical if you think about it.

But yeah, trust the sims.
Imaskar

Unread postby Imaskar Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:46 pm

To generate stat scales string SC have to take a "step" - increase value of one of your stats. Probably this step is bigger than 1,3% you are missing to cap.
Itsmesoft

Unread postby Itsmesoft Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:09 pm

To generate stat scales string SC have to take a "step" - increase value of one of your stats. Probably this step is bigger than 1,3% you are missing to cap.
Could you elaborate a little as I don't quite understand what you mean?
Itsmesoft

Unread postby Itsmesoft Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:11 pm

It's more of a pawn issue, not simulationcraft. Trust the sims and play what sims the highest for you :) I've had this problem too alot of times when you're close to shatter cap but it's just logical if you think about it.

But yeah, trust the sims.
It's still Simulationcraft that says Crit is my lowest valued stat even though I have not hit crit cap though. (Int: 1.00 Vers: 0.90 Haste: 0.84 Mastery: 0.58 Crit: 049)

Thanks for the tip that I can just ignore Pawn and instead watch the simulated numbers :)
Drozzy

Re: Regarding Simulationcraft

Unread postby Drozzy Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:31 pm

In order to generate stat weights, Simcraft adds a flat amount of a stat to your character, and compares the results to your normal characters/sims. It does this for each stat, and then you can see the comparison between each stat. Simcraft shows crit being low value, because it raises you above crit cap when it's trying to calculate the value of crit. I believe Simcraft adds 1000 or 2000 crit rating. This amount of crit rating pushes you up several percents, so some of the crit the sim is calculating off of is post-crit cap. Crit is extremely weak post-crit cap. So, to make it short and sweet: Simcraft stops accurately calculating crit stat weights 2-3% below crit cap.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”