How much does latency affect DPS?

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Itsmesoft

How much does latency affect DPS?

Unread postby Itsmesoft Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:41 pm

Mod edit: Moved to Q&A

I play at around 50ms and a friend of mine plays at 30ms (we both play Frost Mage). Does 50ms bring your DPS down noticeable compared to 30ms?

EDIT: I guess that what Im trying to ask is that if 50ms is considered a terrible high ms or if it's just fine to play on without any major impacts on dps :)
Last edited by Itsmesoft on Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spookytooth

Re: How much does latency affect DPS?

Unread postby Spookytooth Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:58 pm

frost is definitely more fickle than fire when it comes to latency but only a 20ms difference shouldn't see any significant change ... I think you might notice a difference every 100ms or so and definitely somewhere around the 300ms mark the spec breaks down altogether and basic shattering no longer works 100% and you lose huge dps
Itsmesoft

Re: How much does latency affect DPS?

Unread postby Itsmesoft Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:13 pm

frost is definitely more fickle than fire when it comes to latency but only a 20ms difference shouldn't see any significant change ... I think you might notice a difference every 100ms or so and definitely somewhere around the 300ms mark the spec breaks down altogether and basic shattering no longer works 100% and you lose huge dps
Does that mean that it's possible to get the most out of your Frost Mage at 50ms? :)

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”