Information + a confusion on how to Frost PvP?

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
arqas

Information + a confusion on how to Frost PvP?

Unread postby arqas Sun May 21, 2017 12:07 am

I'm trying random bg's as Frost now, and this may be odd but it seems there's less information about it.

For example, the guide on icy-veins (icy-veins.com/wow/frost-mage-pvp-guide) says use Frostbolt only on Frozen enemies, but doesn't explain how to do that effectively. I did figure out you can force a Frostbolt crit by doing Frostbolt -> instant cast Ice Flurry (but you can't stand too close to the target because you want to exploit the travel time of Frostbolt), or Frostbolt -> Ice Nova. In contrast, Frost Nova -> Frostbolt is really hard to use as a bg tactic, because your allies keep breaking cc. And so on. Is this mechanic even that important? And whether I use Glacial Spike talent or not, or is that something I have to experiment on my own?

So are there more updated, yet detailed guides/videos/discussions out there? And if anyone could clear up my confusion about the icicles above, that would help a lot.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”