Fire Mage Logs Assistance

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Jasparhawk

Fire Mage Logs Assistance

Unread postby Jasparhawk Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:14 am

They say what gets measured improves. I've been trying to slowly but surely improve and look at other logs but could use some assistance. I'm missing something as I am putting countless hours into Tomb but am missing something in my rotations. Anyone able to offer assistance or direction? I am Ilvl 926 and have all BIS legendaries etc, but I'm feeling like something is off single target dps wise in comparison. i am missing something and not sure what I can do to improve.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... jasparhawk" target="_blank
Frantik

Re: Fire Mage Logs Assistance

Unread postby Frantik Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:53 pm

well for starters you are using kindling + firetex gloves. Is there a reason for that? does it sim higher for you?

I think the highest simming combos are:
Waist+ wrists for ST with meteor
Helm + wrists for prio target/ cleave fights with cinderstorm if lot of adds grouped (if you can aim it properly that is)
Bluemanmage

Re: Fire Mage Logs Assistance

Unread postby Bluemanmage Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:41 am

As Frantik said, you seem to be using a pretty strange combination of talents/legendaries. And don't get me wrong, I love experimenting and trying out new builds etc, but I would really suggest using belt and bracers for single target. MAYBE if the KILL time is really short you could swap the belt for shard, but generally belt and bracers will give you the best results for single target.

Another argument I'd make against using the gloves is that I noticed you have t20 hands, and the 4pc bonus for fire is actually pretty strong imo, especially when you have the bracers.

I'd be happy to look through your logs a bit more thoroughly but for now I'd suggest running with the standard single target build and see how you do. Try doing a heroic goroth or something with fire starter, MI, and meteor.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”