New to Frost, and being benched. Ilv867

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Rio

New to Frost, and being benched. Ilv867

Unread postby Rio Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:44 am

Hi fellow mages.
I recently rolled a mage, after played a healer for a long time (never lack of healers anymore) and im haveing trouble with the low dps that im doing. i have tryed to sim my charecter with raidbots. https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/ ... 9EKNQTxEa4" target="_blank
And in raids im doing 250K - 300K but raid bots says i can do close to 500k, so i came to the conclusion that i must be doing something wrong. i know i dont have top gear yet, im just trying to be all i can be ;)
In raids i open with Ebon -> Iv -> Flurry - IL - ORB and then use FB unless i get FOF proc or BF. I dump all FOF procs before dumping BF and i IL after every Flurry. So i not sure what i could be doing diffrent.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/RL ... 1&fight=18" target="_blank
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... re/rioyolo" target="_blank

At the moment am i only allowed to raid on farm raids, due to not being able to produce enough dps on Avatar in TOS and that makes me a sad panda. :cry:

anyway hopeing that someone is able to help me fix my mistakes or just lead me in the right direction.

Love and hugs

(edit) typos
Rio

Re: New to Frost, and being benched. Ilv867

Unread postby Rio Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:21 am

This is from yesterdays raid, where i was asked to sit out at the end.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4K ... H/#fight=5" target="_blank
Forrader

Unread postby Forrader Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:30 am

You cannot progress in TOS with 867 ilvl. Just go and gear up before TOS - relinquished items, TOS LFR, crafted 900 ilvl items and of course 2x legendaries. You don't even have 3rd relic slot! Come on, man, don't bother your guildies with the character that you can still work on individually. This is a matter of few days, I geared up arms warrior till 900 in 2 or 3 relaxed evenings last week.
Rio

Unread postby Rio Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:44 am

You cannot progress in TOS with 867 ilvl. Just go and gear up before TOS - relinquished items, TOS LFR, crafted 900 ilvl items and of course 2x legendaries. You don't even have 3rd relic slot! Come on, man, don't bother your guildies with the character that you can still work on individually. This is a matter of few days, I geared up arms warrior till 900 in 2 or 3 relaxed evenings last week.
I appriciate that you are takeing your time to replay and hear what you are saying, and i fully understand why was benched. I respect my guild and the people i play with. I am aware that i have alot of work to do.

Maybe i didnt make it clear, i dont cry over i was benched. I cry over my lack of skill, that why i seek advice in makeing my rotation better so i atleast can prefom to the best of what my gear allows me to do.

Anyway thx for your time.
Katsumi

Unread postby Katsumi Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:46 am

You're trying to drive a car without wheels. You could be the best mage in the world and your DPS would still be too low.

As with sim DPS - there will always be a difference. ilvl% is a better benchmark for what you should be able to get out of your gear. 42 is better than some others in your group.

To be productive, here's what you should do:

1. Get more gear. Don't go raiding unless you have three relics and two legendaries. It's unfair to the people who have to carry you. Furthermore, you need more than 10k crit rating asap. Get vers and haste next, depending on your stat weights. Mastery is really bad.
2. Change your talents to the standard TV build, 2/1/3/3/1/3/1, spec UM on pure ST fights. It's easier to play than having the elemental out.
3. Make sure you shatter all your ebonbolts and ice lances. Your crit% there are too low, although your low crit rate partially explains that. You also might be standing too close to your target.
4. Cast Blizzard on CD on 2+ targets for faster orb resets.
5. Get more AP into your weapon.
Rio

Unread postby Rio Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:00 am

3. Make sure you shatter all your ebonbolts and ice lances. You also might be standing too close to your target.
Thanks for your advice, just have a few follow up questions.

After ebonbolt, you get BF proc, should i icelance right after EB ? like this : EB - IL - Flurry - IL ? because now i EB - Flurry - icelance.

And im not sure what you mean about standing to close ? is it because of missile speed of spells ? so ice lance lands before flurry does due to speed ?

Thanks for the help.
Forrader

Unread postby Forrader Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:44 pm

1. Always EB - Flurry - IL. EB alone doesn't provide shatter effect
2. Naturally flurry travels faster than FB or EB. So some distance is required for your Flurry to land before previously casted EB or FB. If I recall correctly right now it's around 15m range. So your combo FB-Flurry-IL should have shattered not only IL but also FB every time for higher dps output.
Rio

Unread postby Rio Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:00 pm

1. Always EB - Flurry - IL. EB alone doesn't provide shatter effect
2. Naturally flurry travels faster than FB or EB. So some distance is required for your Flurry to land before previously casted EB or FB. If I recall correctly right now it's around 15m range. So your combo FB-Flurry-IL should have shattered not only IL but also FB every time for higher dps output.
ok, thanks alot for the reply.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”