Darkmoon Fairy Trinket

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Syntek

Darkmoon Fairy Trinket

Unread postby Syntek Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:20 am

Mod edit: Moved to Q&A

Hey guys,

so far I had the worst luck with trinkets and am currently playing with a warforged LFR Charm of the Rising Tide(895) and a Titanforged(895 too) PVP trinket with int and Versatility on use.

Would it be worth it to get a Darkmoon Fairy trinket at ilvl 900 or is it not good for Frost mage?
Katsumi

Re: Darkmoon Fairy Trinket

Unread postby Katsumi Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:22 am

That versatility stat stick is actually not that bad. If you can reach the crit cap otherwise it's a decent option.

I wouldn't invest in the darkmoon trinket, you'll get lucky soon.
Syntek

Unread postby Syntek Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:13 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I'm currently sitting at 31.0% crit. For some reason simcraft sims crit very low now even though I don't have crit cap.,
Do you have any idea why this is and should I still go for 33% or just trust simcraft?
Katsumi

Unread postby Katsumi Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:32 pm

Someone closer to simcraft should confirm:

Simcraft probably adds a certain value to your current stat weights to then re-evaluate what would happen if you increased your crit by X, given your current distribution of the other stats. If X puts you above the hardcap the new stat weight for crit will be low. Now if X is, say, 2000 and you're already close to the cap you might end up considerably above it, but if you were to increase your crit by a few hundred you'd still be fine.

I've seen the same happening to my weights as you have, just aim for 33.4% and disregard the weights for items with a comparable stat budget.
Norrinir
Global Moderator

Unread postby Norrinir Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:29 pm

Someone closer to simcraft should confirm:

Simcraft probably adds a certain value to your current stat weights to then re-evaluate what would happen if you increased your crit by X, given your current distribution of the other stats. If X puts you above the hardcap the new stat weight for crit will be low. Now if X is, say, 2000 and you're already close to the cap you might end up considerably above it, but if you were to increase your crit by a few hundred you'd still be fine.

I've seen the same happening to my weights as you have, just aim for 33.4% and disregard the weights for items with a comparable stat budget.
That is indeed how it works. At level 110, simc is adding 1313 extra rating.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”