Help! Low dps

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
ztwice

Help! Low dps

Unread postby ztwice Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:57 pm

Mod Edit: Moved to Q&A/Help

I'm doing my rotation perfectly im following all of the mechanics but my dps is just pretty shit. Any suggestions?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... eathgripzz
Xinder

Re: Help! Low dps

Unread postby Xinder Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:11 pm

I'm doing my rotation perfectly im following all of the mechanics but my dps is just pretty shit. Any suggestions?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... eathgripzz
Two things. There's a help section for these types of questions. Second, if you were doing your rotation perfectly and following all the mechanics, you likely wouldn't have shit dps. :)

This probably seems unnecessarily snarky, but given your hyperbolic statement I couldn't resist poking fun.

Let's start here. Can you link me to one of the fights you participated in like Goroth? Using the link you provided I can only find the KJ fight and that's really not a good judge of what you're doing wrong because of how the fight is structured. Goroth is as close to tank and spank as you can get, especially on normal, that I think it'd be the best judge of where you can improve.
ztwice

Unread postby ztwice Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:46 pm

i avg about 1.5 to 2 milliom on goroth and demonic inqusition thats why im feeling real shit about my dps on kiljaden °~°
ztwice

Unread postby ztwice Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:49 pm

also a link to the help page would be great!
Xinder

Unread postby Xinder Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:59 pm

i avg about 1.5 to 2 milliom on goroth and demonic inqusition thats why im feeling real shit about my dps on kiljaden °~°
Ok. I was trying to find a simpler fight for an easier analysis. It's hard to tell on KJ because of how the fight plays out and all the downtime. I'll see if I can find the last time I killed KJ and compare the two. The help forum is under the main part of the forums and says Help on it. Here's the link: viewforum.php?f=17

Also as another suggestion, you may want to learn how to run your own logs so you can self log. The only fights that come up on warcraft logs are publicly posted ones and yours for every boss except KJ have no ranking so I can't easily find them. Which means if you are doing 1.5-2mil on Goroth, congrats, but I can't see that fight because of what logs have actually been uploaded.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”