Need log help with Harjatan!

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
litmus4inanity

Need log help with Harjatan!

Unread postby litmus4inanity Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:22 am

Here's my logs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... &boss=2036

I feel like I do pretty well on other fights but I'm just absolutely awful on this fight for some reason. I can't tell what I'm doing wrong, my percentiles are WAY lower than I would expect them to be.

Please help!!
Jezrien

Re: Need log help with Harjatan!

Unread postby Jezrien Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:44 pm

It was a quick glance without getting deep inside into events timeline.
First of all, you should understand that bigger numbers don't mean more effective dps. For example, you cast Blizzard on razorjaw adds which have more priority to any other adds, players with more dps Blizzard sickly tadpoles (greed adds). Want even more dps? Orb and Blizzard green murlocks, though you will gain more dps in skada it won't be "good" one.
33 BF pocs and you cast only 30 Flurries. + 40 FoF procs and you cast only 63 ILs. You ignore some ILs after Flurry. Harjatan is not that boss where you need to save shimmer for survivability, so you can do some shimmerlance here.
Also you wasted approx. 7 sec in Ice Block. No matter if you get too many drenched stacks (which is probably true) or you don't believe in your healers, you should not spend so long in IB because even if you need to block you just do it for the last frigid blows and cancel it immediately.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”