Arcane Dps Desperation Help

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
PinkMage

Arcane Dps Desperation Help

Unread postby PinkMage Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:11 am

Mod Edit: Moved to Q&A/Help

I've been playing Arcane for about 3 months now into Legion my ilvl sets at about 918-920. My dps currently sets at about 400--550k on a st-boss, AoE is like 800k-1m witch that's not bad but I'm sure it could be better. I did what icy veins has told me and put vercitilty enchants on my rings and gems in sockets, but it's like that don't do anything for me. Crit and Haste do anything for me more then versatility. Master is ok and my avoidance is pretty high. My stats are Crit: 30% Haste 23% Mastery: 28% Versatility:7%,Avoidance 20% and my intel is 52.76k. I desperately need new leggos to drop I got the mana ones covered just need the dps ones to drop I think that's what I'm lacking to be perfectly honest. But I also I still had another question how do I tell when I'm in burn phase and is there like a weak aura I should be using to help me out with that?
Arindiel

Re: Arcane Dps Desperation Help

Unread postby Arindiel Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:01 pm

With your stats you should easily have at least 1million dps on st fights and 1,4-1,5m+ on aoe fights.
My guess is that you either dont understand the rotation for burn and conserve phase OR you are using the wrong talents.
You have to go and watch guides or target dummy sessions(aint boss fights but its easier to see the rotation) in order to understand the rotation,when you do it is important to watch the ability timers for each boss.
Example heroic Avatar if there are less than 8-9seconds before Unbound Chaos then you should not start your burn phase with Arcane Power as heavy movement will cripple your dps.
In my opinion knowledge of Arcane rotation + knowledge of boss mechanics and timers is the key for good dps.You will probably never manage to be first on any fights(Arcane according to logs is in last 5 tier between all classes/specs)BUT you can manage to be top3-5 in all st-aoe fights if you play 90+ percentile

Ps:In fights will lots of movement try and keep some arcane missile procs stored so you can use them when you will be required to move out of a boss ability.
Use raidbots in order to sim your character and see the best gear combination you have in your bags.
Having soul of the archmage ring(with kilt OR shard of exodar for st fights)will boost your dps by a lot
juanderboy

Re: Arcane Dps Desperation Help

Unread postby juanderboy Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:34 pm

I desperately need new leggos to drop I got the mana ones covered just need the dps ones to drop I think that's what I'm lacking to be perfectly honest.
No man, no leggo will give you another 500k dps. You must have some serious problems with the rotation. If you give us a log maybe we could help you.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”