7.3 Gearing

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
djshway

7.3 Gearing

Unread postby djshway Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:52 pm

Curious to know. If and When does ilvl gearing outscale the T19 2 pc? Getting a bunch of 940+ gear but currently using a 900 back and 905 legs from T19. Wondering if there was a combined % that outscales it or if we're doomed to be stuck with this til new Raid content drops?
Xinder

Re: 7.3 Gearing

Unread postby Xinder Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:58 pm

Curious to know. If and When does ilvl gearing outscale the T19 2 pc? Getting a bunch of 940+ gear but currently using a 900 back and 905 legs from T19. Wondering if there was a combined % that outscales it or if we're doomed to be stuck with this til new Raid content drops?
Have you simmed the differences? That'd be the best place to start. There's no right answer and it can also depend on the legendaries available. I don't use T19 2pc any more because I was around the same ilvl as you on the two pieces of T19 and got the lego helm. Swapping to the lego helm plus ring made me gain more than keeping the low ilvl T19 pieces with the 4pc T20. Given the ilvl of your T19 pieces you're possibly in that window where 940 pieces are just flat out a better option due to the raw stats on them. Simming is the only way to know for sure. Raidbots.com is a good site to use if you don't want to use the actual simcraft application. Just make sure when choosing the simcraft options that you pick the nightly build.
djshway

Unread postby djshway Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:16 pm

Have you simmed the differences? That'd be the best place to start. There's no right answer and it can also depend on the legendaries available. I don't use T19 2pc any more because I was around the same ilvl as you on the two pieces of T19 and got the lego helm. Swapping to the lego helm plus ring made me gain more than keeping the low ilvl T19 pieces with the 4pc T20. Given the ilvl of your T19 pieces you're possibly in that window where 940 pieces are just flat out a better option due to the raw stats on them. Simming is the only way to know for sure. Raidbots.com is a good site to use if you don't want to use the actual simcraft application. Just make sure when choosing the simcraft options that you pick the nightly build.
Ah ok makes sense. Currently I have had a streak of bad luck and only have the waist, helm and chest for leggo. But I have plently of 930+ gear that is making me question things a bit.

thanks again for the response. I'll try playing around with raidbots and see what they say. Do I need to import any type of script for it?
Xinder

Unread postby Xinder Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:38 am

Ah ok makes sense. Currently I have had a streak of bad luck and only have the waist, helm and chest for leggo. But I have plently of 930+ gear that is making me question things a bit.

thanks again for the response. I'll try playing around with raidbots and see what they say. Do I need to import any type of script for it?
You'll need the simulationcraft addon for in game and then when you're in game you just type /simc and copy the info there to paste into raidbots. Make sure you're in the gear set up and talent set up you want to sim before typing /simc in game as it will grab whatever your spec'd.
djshway

Unread postby djshway Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:33 am

Ah ok, i was wondering about that cause it kept telling me to compare another set of gear so i was like w/e. lol
Xinder

Unread postby Xinder Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:50 pm

Ah ok, i was wondering about that cause it kept telling me to compare another set of gear so i was like w/e. lol
There's lots of cool features you can do with Raidbots but the one you'll probably use the most is the stat weights one which just requires your info from in game and will give you stat weights to use with pawn. Another cool one is Best gear and that lets you take what you have currently equipped and then pick pieces you want to have swapped or think might be better. It will sim all those gear combinations based on what you pick to give you your best gear set. Helps a lot when you have a bunch of items.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”