[Fire] Trying to improve dps

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Freezer

[Fire] Trying to improve dps

Unread postby Freezer Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:42 pm

Hi, I play a fire mage, and I don't know what I am doing wrong. My DPS seems low for my gear level, and I don't get why. I would love some advice to help me improve.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... one/coolèr

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/td ... e&source=9

I have other logs available, and am willing to run heroic for a fresh set of logs.

Thanks
Syana

Re: [Fire] Trying to improve dps

Unread postby Syana Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:19 pm

Unless something has changed that I am unaware of, LB on a single, or even two targets, is a DPS loss. Especially during combustion, every global used during combustion should help you get more pyroblasts out during its duration.

Fight lengths also have a huge impact on rankings. For ST a shorter fight length usually means higher dps and a better log as a result, while for an AoE/Cleave fight it might be the opposite.
This is pretty clear when you compare a fight such as Goroth, where you got a decent enough log but low ILvl%, with a fight such as Mistress where you got a good % on both.
So even if you happen to have good gear and can play well, the raid setup or even how the fight plays out can result it lower logs.

There might be something else that I'm missing, but I believe this is what contributes a lot to your low ILvl% on some bosses for these particular logs.
Xinder

Re: [Fire] Trying to improve dps

Unread postby Xinder Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:23 pm

Unless something has changed that I am unaware of, LB on a single, or even two targets, is a DPS loss. Especially during combustion, every global used during combustion should help you get more pyroblasts out during its duration.

Fight lengths also have a huge impact on rankings. For ST a shorter fight length usually means higher dps and a better log as a result, while for an AoE/Cleave fight it might be the opposite.
This is pretty clear when you compare a fight such as Goroth, where you got a decent enough log but low ILvl%, with a fight such as Mistress where you got a good % on both.
So even if you happen to have good gear and can play well, the raid setup or even how the fight plays out can result it lower logs.

There might be something else that I'm missing, but I believe this is what contributes a lot to your low ILvl% on some bosses for these particular logs.
One other thing to consider is what difficulty you're trying to parse on. Normal and Heroic have been out now for a while and the result is everyone and their mother has full cleared them several times over at this point. Getting a parse in the high percentiles is going to be more difficult because you're competing against so many others, a few of which are probably getting fed everything they need to parse well on a particular fight because their guild is bored and is making it fun by letting a guildie parse high or something.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”