Frost&Arcane legendary importance

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Cath

Frost&Arcane legendary importance

Unread postby Cath Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:25 am

Hi folks !

I have a little question about the class specs.
Atm I'm leveling a mage, but not decided yet which spec do I prefer. I like both frost and arcane, so I can't make a choice.

So I want to ask you about some details concerning gearing - first of all, I suggest to play in MM+ dungeons and raids up to Heroic (via lfg), so I'll never reach top mythic raid stuff.
Does this fact match both of specs chosen ? I mean, I don't want to pick a spec requiring Mythic stuff to be at least relatively good in term of DPS - hope that it isn't the case.
I don't need an overpowered spec, I just don't want to be never invited and stay in the bottom of recount all the time.

The second question is about Legendaries, as mentionned above. Which spec of this too is less requiring to obtain top legendaries ? As it's a pure luck, I try to avoid a spec that require to have specific legendaries to be at least comparable to others.

Thanks a lot for your help !
Xinder

Re: Frost&Arcane legendary importance

Unread postby Xinder Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:27 pm

You can compete at a heroic level and some would say a non world first Mythic level as well with any Mage spec. Just play what you enjoy most. As for least required legendaries to do well, I would give that to Frost still. Arcane benefits more from the legendaries it does get while Frost can remain competitive with just a prydaz and one of the rings or anything really. Given you'll get your first 2 legos fairly fast after hitting 110 if you do the appropriate things that can give you legendaries then whatever 2 you get will be fine for frost, where as for Arcane it may not be as helpful. That's my 2 cents anyway.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”