[Fire] [7.3] Talent Kindling for Tier 21?

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Rekindled

[Fire] [7.3] Talent Kindling for Tier 21?

Unread postby Rekindled Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:01 pm

This is just a discussion I wanted to clear up between a friend and I. Is it possible that running Haste > Crit > Mastery and running Kindling as the level 100 talent instead of Meteor or Cinderstorm will result in a higher Dps increase due to the tier 21 set increasing critical damage by 50% while in Combustion? (Since kindling reduces Combustion's cooldown by 1 sec for every successful Crit?

Thanks for your time.

(Also I'm not sure if this was discussed but I couldn't find where it was)
magictricks

Re: [Fire] [7.3] Talent Kindling for Tier 21?

Unread postby magictricks Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:55 am

yes it's looking like a super heavy haste build with gloves and bracers and all 3 combustion duration relics/Netherlight where you have combustion every minute for 17 seconds is going to be very strong.
Katsumi

Unread postby Katsumi Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:52 am

At this point that's pure speculation.
Syana

Unread postby Syana Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:03 pm

Doubt we will use the Combustion duration relics as the 4pc has a fixed time duration rather than for the entirety of the combustion. However, it might just be that the tooltip doesn't update when using the relics. It would also be 19 seconds because the 2pc is an additional 2seconds.

Until we see the balance changes for 7.3.5 we can't say anything for sure. But unless they alter legendaries, buff meteor/cinderstorm or simply change the tier bonuses, I don't see us running anything other than a kindling+gloves combo for next tier. Might be an occasional fight where we don't if there is a lot of downtime like on KJ.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”