Relic Question now that we have the netherlight crucible

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Schied

Relic Question now that we have the netherlight crucible

Unread postby Schied Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:21 pm

Mod edit: Moved to Q&A
So I have a question about relic upgrading. I have a 915 Ice Age (+Flurry dmg) relic that I am thinking about replacing with a 930 Shield of Alodi (+Ice barrier) relic. The pure replace will net me +5 ilvl as well as swapping the traits. Here is the comparison in the netherlight crucible:

915 relic: I have light speed (+500 haste) and making my way to the frozen veins trait (IV cd reduction)

930 relic: I would choose between dark sorrows (damage proc 1 time per minute) and shocklight (+1500 crit during concordance procs). The tier 3 choices are frostbolt damage, flurry damage, and brain freeze proc chance. I would likely go with shocklight in order to grab the brain freeze proc chance as it is the best of the tier 3 options.

So all in all, if I keep the 915 relic I get: a 5th rank in Ice Age, +500 haste, a 5th rank in Frozen veins.

If I take on the 930 relic I get: +5 ilvl, a 5th rank in Shield of Alodi, 1,500 critical strike during concordance procs, and a 5th rank in Clarity of Thought.

Any advice out there?
Xinder

Re: Relic Question now that we have the netherlight crucible

Unread postby Xinder Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:49 pm

Just on a per what you get choice I'd stay with the 915 because of how good Frozen Veins is but that's just me. All the shadow/light traits are pretty close to each other after the changes yesterday so I don't think that should be a deciding factor. Just my 2 cents.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”