FS or Pyro during comb

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Razyl

FS or Pyro during comb

Unread postby Razyl Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:32 pm

Hello,

i have a question regarding the best rotation when you're using FS often. I am assuming a Flame Patch spec. I have in mind fights with Intermittent AoE as Mythic harjatan or also heavier AoE.

Which is the superior rotation during combustion, assuming moderately high mastery rating, during an AoE phase?

Standard single target comb rotation, with Pyro during Hot Streak, and let ignite spread?
PF+FB and then consume Hot Streak with FS?

What about the rotation out of combustion (but still multiple target are present)? In particular I am not sure whether one should save PF charges or should one use them +FB to trigger Hot Streak (and indeed consume these to FS).

Thanks a lot.
music49

Re: FS or Pyro during comb

Unread postby music49 Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:55 pm

In raids specifically, it depends on your raid comp. If your guild is struggling getting adds down, I suggest using FS. but if you got an elemental shaman who always linked the dps meters after big trash pulls then stick to single target and let ignite do the AoE maybe a meteor if your spec'd into it. At least while you're in combustion. Out side of combustion, it depends how many targets are up, I think its 4+ when you start using FS. For PF just make sure you have 2 charges with the third one around half way through its CD and same for Fireblast for when combustion comes off CD. Personally I'll use PF once or twice in between combustion's

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”