Fire Mage Looking for advice

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Illuzive

Fire Mage Looking for advice

Unread postby Illuzive Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:27 pm

Hello folks,

This is my first post on this forum, and I appreciate you taking the time to try and help me out. I would like to think I've gotten the hang of Fire for the most part; however, my DPS is lower than I would like at the moment. I have logs from my guilds normal and heroic run from a couple days ago. However, I just got the legendary gloves last night. So I have a couple of questions.

1) When you get a bracers proc, do you need to start the cast with more than 4 seconds left, to ensure the pyro goes off before the debuff runs up, or are you able to keep the damage buff as long as you start the cast before the debuff expires. Example, if I cast pyro with 2 seconds left on the debuff will it recieve the damage increase.

2) If I get the bracers proc at the beginning of combust, do I let the proc expire while getting off as many instant casts as possible, or do I use the proc during the combust.

3) Just looking for any other advice for these fights. My parses are really low, and would like to improve.

Logs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/J4jgpvzxmqkbZ8NF

Armory:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... %C3%BCsive
Syana

Re: Fire Mage Looking for advice

Unread postby Syana Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:29 pm

1) Yes, the buff needs to still be up when the Pyroblast goes off to get the bonus from it.

2) You should always be using any bracers proc during combustion, as long as you can fire off the hardcast pyro before combustion runs out.

3) If you haven't now that you have the gloves, I really recommend you stop running Mirror Images. Even on ST Mirror Images is behind IF/RoP, and with all the cleave going on in Tomb it will just end up further behind. Now if you really wanted to run a MI build you would need a lot more haste. But I would recommend you drop some Vers in favor of haste regardless.

And I assume you're not running 4pc on your armory because you are lacking the chest piece, so I would highly recommend you try to get it as it will probably be a couple of percent damage increase.

I didn't look that closely at the logs as a result of the things above but they seem to be okay from a rotation standpoint. So for any of your lower logs on certain bosses I would probably attribute that to fight knowledge/positioning or which strat you use for a boss, like your maiden strat where you end up losing a lot of damage on the boss. But I think it's better to kill the boss at the end of the day, so run whatever strat you need to do so.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”