help please :) 921 fire mage seeking dps help

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
NivekDuskwood

help please :) 921 fire mage seeking dps help

Unread postby NivekDuskwood Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:48 pm

hello.

ToS has lots of sustained cleave. as such, I switched back to fire, and im happy to do so, since i feel as though i understand fire the most of the three specs. but it seems that my dps has deminished significantly. i have noticed that the old STACK CRIT STACK CRIT STACK CRIT mantra has been replaced with a stack haste>vers>mastery build (at least my sims say so) so im wondering if my wonky stats right now are messing with things. i have the legendary bracers, no belt yet.

here are my logs so far for heroic ToS https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... 773634/13/#

Syana

Re: help please :) 921 fire mage seeking dps help

Unread postby Syana Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:46 am

First of all, with the amount of mastery you are running I feel like you would be better off dumping your hot streaks into the boss via Pyroblast instead of attempting to "pad" by flame striking the adds. I'm basing this solely on looking at the logs and seeing that your flame strike mostly averages lower than your pyroblasts on some cleave fights. In addition to potentially not losing out on that heating up proc gained from Pyroblast.

Now the bigger issue I see is your combustion timings. Your combustion seem to be delayed by around 20-30seconds each time, leading to you missing out on an entire combustion towards the end of the fight. I'm assuming this is happening because you don't have enough fireblasts and phoenix flames to start the combustion combo when it does come off cooldown. So I would suggest you work on improving your foresight a bit when it comes to managing your charges.

Just some last things I feel I should mention. Getting 4pc will help quite a bit with your DPS, and also that it will be quite difficult to achieve any decent log with around 920 gear at this point that isn't item level. I wouldn't worry to much about it until you get up a bit in gear, but there are definitively some things you can work on in the mean time.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”