[Frost] Food to use post-crit cap

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Enygmah

[Frost] Food to use post-crit cap

Unread postby Enygmah Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:34 am

So I have gotten past the crit cap as a frost mage and I am curious as to what food to use? I would think the value of the Hungry Magister would go down since the value of crit drops as well. Should I stick with the Hungry Magister or follow my stat weights? In my case, use haste food since it has a higher stat weight than vers does. By the way, I know feasts are the better option but I am asking in a scenario where feasts would not be available, i.e mythic plus or progression when we are learning a fight.

Here's a link to my armory so you guys can see my unbuffed stats: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... re/enygmah
Jezrien

Re: [Frost] Food to use post-crit cap

Unread postby Jezrien Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:44 am

+500 int if anybody can make it in your raid. Or haste.
Gokex

Unread postby Gokex Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:35 pm

Vers or Haste - go sim your stat wights and pick whichever comes out higher :)
Xinder

Unread postby Xinder Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:25 pm

Not necessarily true. The stat weights that come out tell you how much dps one point of a stat is worth. Int has to be worth a pretty low amount or haste/vers a pretty high amount to make 375 food do more total dps over 500 int food.

Using my character for example. My vers is 24 dps per point, if you multiply that by 375 you get 9k dps. Int is worth 20 dps per point and if you multiply that by 500 int via a feast you get 10k dps. So it's still better to eat the feast for me.
Gokex

Unread postby Gokex Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:35 am

Not necessarily true. The stat weights that come out tell you how much dps one point of a stat is worth. Int has to be worth a pretty low amount or haste/vers a pretty high amount to make 375 food do more total dps over 500 int food.

Using my character for example. My vers is 24 dps per point, if you multiply that by 375 you get 9k dps. Int is worth 20 dps per point and if you multiply that by 500 int via a feast you get 10k dps. So it's still better to eat the feast for me.
You didn't read read OP fully.
I know feasts are the better option but I am asking in a scenario where feasts would not be available, i.e mythic plus or progression when we are learning a fight.
The question was: "BESIDES Int (feasts), what is the best option?"

In which case my answer is correct.
Sturmcantor

Unread postby Sturmcantor Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:48 am

Except that vers food (DMF fish food) is not 375 vers, it's 475 vers. So taking the numbers above you have 11.4k dps for the vers food or 10k dps for int.
Xinder

Unread postby Xinder Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:30 am

Except that vers food (DMF fish food) is not 375 vers, it's 475 vers. So taking the numbers above you have 11.4k dps for the vers food or 10k dps for int.
I was not aware of Darkmoon faire vers food

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”