Continue to hunt frost leg head or switch loot to fire for future possibilities?

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Elandriel

Continue to hunt frost leg head or switch loot to fire for future possibilities?

Unread postby Elandriel Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:36 pm

Hello guys,

I just came back to wow about 2-3 weeks ago, started a mage insta 100lvl, here is my armory:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... l/frostata

I was very lucky to get both bis legendaries in a short span of time and having a dilema now:

I will be able to get 4p ToS soon but as my current guild is not raiding NH anymore and cannot count on Mythic pugs/Hero pugs w/ high TF to drop what is needed in a reasonable time, I will most likely not have 2p NH items.
I'm thinking now, from the purely practical point of view, is it worth to hunt for the frost leg head which I read is better when 2p NH is low ilvl - but not sure what is the situation with bracers vs. head when 2p NH is not an option
Or maybe would be better to switch loot to fire and try to get bis legs there in case fire would start to completely dominate later on? To be prepared and maybe have more options? Trying to be purely practical, not considering what I like/dislike etc. Frost leg helm vs. start gearing other specs?
What would you do in my situation?

Best regards,
Peter
Jezrien

Re: Continue to hunt frost leg head or switch loot to fire for future possibilities?

Unread postby Jezrien Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:17 am

Head is nice when you don't have bracers/shard. When you do have it - keep sfos in your bank. That's all.

PS. Host fight. Sfos does <2% damage.
Elandriel

Re: Continue to hunt frost leg head or switch loot to fire for future possibilities?

Unread postby Elandriel Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:55 am

That's what I needed to hear, thank you :-)

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”