Fire mage stat priority

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Volanaro

Fire mage stat priority

Unread postby Volanaro Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:21 pm

Hello everyone! I've recently swiched from warlock to mage. Since fire is a good spec for both raiding and m+ (atleast i gues so;) i decided to play it. I made some research about stat priority, checked armories and logs of top mages. But i still cant understand what are the right numbers. Some of them have full crit build (over 14k). Others are around 8k crit, 8k haste and over 12k mastery. Also i've heard that versatility is a good stat for single target.
Can u please explain me the core concept of fire stats or provide me a link to some good guide?
Syana

Re: Fire mage stat priority

Unread postby Syana Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:19 pm

You should check out Ezekielyo's Guide.

However the statweights for fire at the moment is a balancing act so you kinda have to just sim yourself often.
But you can still force certain stats to fit your playstyle or a particular fight better. Personally I still run with high crit because I feel weird playing with less than 50%, you do lose a bit of dps in sims but it just feels better to me.

As for mastery, it scales really well with additional targets, so as soon as there are 2 targets mastery is way ahead. So if you go mastery heavy you are mostly aiming to do well on cleave fights, but depending on gear, mastery might still be your best stat for single target.

Vers is generally slightly ahead of mastery on single target, however it might appear in sims as your top stat because of what I stated earlier about fire being a balancing act.
Sunspark

Unread postby Sunspark Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:48 pm

Depend on legendary.

When you use Firestarter + Legendary Waist then you want to go haste mastery. You want to drop all crit possible. In this build you will spend half fight with 100% crit rate from talent, waist and combustion.

When you dont use waist, then you propably go crit >> more crit > haste > mastery.

Im playing wrists / shard or wrists / gloves in crit heavy build. Atm im near 70% crit and sims tell me to go for even more crit, what i find a little funny ;)

For sure i can feel more bracers procs, and these procs are crits in more cases. That build up huge ignite. Its the same as mastery build in which you dont crit like this.

Spec is much more stable and hot streak generation is easier when you need to aoe.

I dont get that whole haste mastery waist hype. I parsed 90%+ mythic this week in crit build and i dont consider myself a good player. Fire is strange ^^
Volanaro

Unread postby Volanaro Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:19 am

Thanks for replies! It helps a lot!)

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”