Frost - differences between sims and performance

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Magichastie

Frost - differences between sims and performance

Unread postby Magichastie Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:55 pm

Hey folks,

I'm looking for general performance help, I feel like I'm doing way less compared to what my sims say.

Heroic Garoth through Host - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/71JHTbGwAV84zytY
Heroic Avatar - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4ApvD8NCLBt9Jrjd
Sample Raidbots sim https://www.raidbots.com/reports/jK7rvs ... index.html
Armory https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... aran/yexar

One thing I that stands out to me is that my frostbolt damage is making up a much higher % of my damage compared to the sims; sims show frostbolt to Ice lance damage ratio should be ~1:2 but my logs show frostbolt damage often as a higher % than the lances.

Thanks
Xinder

Re: Frost - differences between sims and performance

Unread postby Xinder Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:57 pm

Off the top:
Your mastery is waaaaaaayyy too high. Try your best to drop all that mastery, it's a worthless stat.
You missed 8 Icelances that could have shattered. 49 total chances for a shatter Icelance but only 41 casts.
You aren't shattering your Ebonbolts. Every Ebonbolt should be followed by the free Flurry proc you get. The Flurry will hit before the Ebonbolt and your Ebonbolt will shatter. So the crit percent should always be 100%.
Getting the 4pc T20 should help as well with the damage.

Fix those and see if that helps. I used your Goroth kill to get these numbers since mechanically that is the closest to a patchwerk fight you'll get.
Magichastie

Unread postby Magichastie Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:37 pm

I'm just under the crit cap and the one non-critting Ebonbolt on the Goroth fight was followed by a flurry (EB starts cast at 1:45, flurry at 1:48).
You missed 8 Icelances that could have shattered. 49 total chances for a shatter Icelance but only 41 casts.
If you get a Fingers and BF proc at the same time (either both form one Frostbolt or during Frozen Orb) I thought the fingers should be munched in favour of using the BF?
Xinder

Unread postby Xinder Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:43 am

I'm just under the crit cap and the one non-critting Ebonbolt on the Goroth fight was followed by a flurry (EB starts cast at 1:45, flurry at 1:48).
If you get a Fingers and BF proc at the same time (either both form one Frostbolt or during Frozen Orb) I thought the fingers should be munched in favour of using the BF?
Yes that's true. Looks like you probably had to much 6 of the 8 missed ILs. You are correct in that. You were close enough to the shatter cap I didn't think it'd be enough to have mattered. That's some shit RNG on the Ebonbolt that didn't shatter. Only other thing I can think of then for why your frostbolt dmg is so high is b/c Icicle dmg is taken into account for frostbolt dmg and your mastery is so high that you're storing more dmg in the icicles than most. So frostbolt dmg gets inflated.
Magichastie

Unread postby Magichastie Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:42 am

Thanks a bunch, good to know I'm not doing anything fundamentally wrong. The other thing I think I need to do is not move (read: run) so much for mechanics, try and shimmer out of the way.
Thanks again!
alpacapacino

Unread postby alpacapacino Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:36 pm

You can safely dump ice lances before you munch a bf proc. Never had an issue with this personally. Watch future vs mythic goroth (rikh) he never wastes ice lances procs. Ever.

He has many kill videos. You can pick up a lot of useful information from watching them.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”