[FROST] Looking for some advice for better dps

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
tycy

[FROST] Looking for some advice for better dps

Unread postby tycy Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:06 pm

Hello Guys,

Here my Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3y ... =6&fight=1
Here my Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... ther/tycyy

I'm looking for some advice regarding my rotation in case I don't do something right or maybe something that I can change to improve my DPS.
I'm quite happy with my DPS regarding my place in the DPS meter comparing with my raid mates and their ilvl but still, my RL says it is placed to improve my DPS. So I want that if is any possibility.

Thank you in advance and I wait for your opinions.
Jezrien

Re: [FROST] Looking for some advice for better dps

Unread postby Jezrien Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:57 am

1 BF wasn't used (14 BF procs, 13 Flurry casts).
What was that Blizzard doing at single target fight?
43 possbile lance shatter and 47 lance casts > 89% crit and some didn't shatter. Empty lances dramatically reduce your dps.
On some bosses you can't use your ring at all. For example, why don't you BL from the pull on Maiden? And try to sync bl with veins and prolonged power.
tycy

Unread postby tycy Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:07 am

I'm not sure about that BF, I usually use all of them, maybe I was in a cast of Ebonbold and meanwhile, another BF gets up.

Blizard, I use it when I have the orb up because is instant I thought will help, bring the orb cd down faster. - So this is not a good idea?

About the empty ice lances, sometimes a long period of time I don't get any procs and then I cast sometimes an empty IL to keep the wrists up. - I got that no more empty IL.
On some bosses you can't use your ring at all. For example, why don't you BL from the pull on Maiden? And try to sync bl with veins and prolonged power.

Another raid member used bl at the pull on the maiden, usually, I sync bl with the veins and prolonged but last night all bosses go down too fast and a second vein won't be up.

Thank you for the advice and I will try to make some changes in my rotation based on your opinion.
Krenth

Unread postby Krenth Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:25 pm

Using blizzard while orb is out is only worthwhile if you are using belt leggo (and have 5 stacks) or there are 2+ targets.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”