Stats difference warcraftlogs

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Razyl

Stats difference warcraftlogs

Unread postby Razyl Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:05 pm

Dear mages,

how can you explain the 20% intellect difference between me (Razyl) and this chinese mage (top rank in the ilvl bracket on goroth) :

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/co ... 913,896259

We have almost the same ilvl (I have 937, he has 936), but, at the beginning of the summary page, the intellect values are:

Rayzl = 61703 Int
Chinese guy = 73883 Int

This is an almost 20% difference which translates in a straight 20% difference of average damage of spells, and which accounts for our difference in damage (once one eliminates the execute phase - I don't use Koralon on goroth - we have exactly the same number of casts, buffs, etc).

I really can't explain this huge difference in intellect. Usually intellect is not a stat we gear purposely for, but just something attached to all items we get, so I really can't understand this difference.

Another related question: how is total intellect computed? If I simply sum the intellect value of each item as reported in the above warcraftlogs link, I obtain

Razyl = 33235
Chinese guy = 36376

Which is very different from the above numbers in the summary...

Thanks
Calinka

Re: Stats difference warcraftlogs

Unread postby Calinka Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:39 am

Hello Razyl,

First of all the weapon is displayed with wrong stats. For example my weapon is ilvl 969 with 24.286 int on it and 2322 int on the off hand. (While your and his weapon are shown with 12k and 14k and the off hands with 287 int)
In your case the chinese mage is ahead of your weapons ilvl by 8 ilvl which grants him more int on his weapon.
Another point is that you wear the legendary ring which got no int on it while he got the belt with int on it.
Also without any equipt you got 7.328 Int.
Then you also got an old talent in your spell book which grants you + 5% of your main stat (in our case int) if you equpit cloth amor only
Syana

Re: Stats difference warcraftlogs

Unread postby Syana Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:55 pm

The answer is Concordance of the Legionfall.

Warcraftlogs sometimes grabs your stats while you have concordance or any other proc for that matter active. Just take a look at your stats on various fights and you will see that they are almost always different.
Why it does this I couldn't tell you, but I would take the stats on warcraftlogs with a grain of salt.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”