Sim/stat help

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Celbrise

Sim/stat help

Unread postby Celbrise Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:48 am

im simming my toon but it keeps bringing my crit down and my mastery up. sitting at 31% which flutuates from 26%-33% rarely is it at 33% though when i take the upgrades. My mastery is at 51% though. Why is it doing this? is it because my ilvl is low im at 907 ilvl atm.

Stat wise i am also confused. i am running a GS build and people keep telling me after 33.34% crit Haste while others say vers. which would be the better option to stack or does neither matter? i was reading on here something about 26% haste is just as good as 26% vers or something like that and then said above 26% vers is better then haste. was a bit confused about this part and as to why.

Why does it also keep my mastery high for a GS build? i thought mastery sucked for frost.
Jezrien

Re: Sim/stat help

Unread postby Jezrien Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:56 am

One part of glacial spike damage is built from ice cicles which is frost mastery thing. Even though this part was nerfed but still more mastery > more damage stored with cicles > more damage with the spike. But because of the nerf TV is way better atm. And that's why people try to get rid of the mastery as much as possible.

If you sim'd yourself having 33% crit it's ok to have it at the bottom of stat list. But if you have it less than 33% it shouldn't. 33.34% is a cap to have 100% chance to shatter spells every time you gain brain freeze or fingers of frost. Haste is higher than vers until it gets to some point which is about 26% after that vers is getting more priority. Stats are changing from time to time because it has some softcaps and diminishings (which means at some value every point of your stat gives you less and loses its weight).
Celbrise

Unread postby Celbrise Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:46 am

1. i thought GS was slightly better then TV or is TV better overall? was reading the thread between the 2 and i got that idea that GS will sim slightly higher then tv. i'll go read it over again.

2. how come it never wants me to reach the crit cap though like it gets right at 31% a lot of the time but then just keeps telling me to replace my crit gear for more mastery. it's pretty weird i wasn't sure if it's because it's an ilvl thing or what. like i have a lot of gear that maybe -5 ilvl but if i equipped it then i could reach the cap.

im not too worried since it's at an okay point where i can manually fix it as i upgrade/gem but it bothers me that it doesn't want me to hit the cap when i can.
Jezrien

Unread postby Jezrien Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:38 pm

1. TV has several conditions which make it better than GS. Like having bracers+exodar + 2t19 makes TV more desirable than GS. But I don't deny the possibility that GS will be at the same level or a bit higher or a bit lower than TV if you don't have right legendary and 2t19 combo. Especially with Sfos (helm) legendary GS might be almost as good as TV if you have other things like stats and so on in a right matter.
What I want to say is that GS is viable anywhere mages are running frost spec.

2. It might be because of some wrong options you picked in SimC.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”