Logs - what i doing wrong?

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
MUK9R

Logs - what i doing wrong?

Unread postby MUK9R Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:59 am

hello my friends,

can someone tell me why i am doing wrong?
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yM ... amage-done

my DPS is horrible and i'm always on the last 5 players on Damage Meter?!

or is there somebody who can help me with "coaching"?

I'm very desperate

thanks for you answers,

regards
Jezrien

Re: Logs - what i doing wrong?

Unread postby Jezrien Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:20 am

And you are?.. Suno I guess?

Well, first of all, you've died and remained dead for almost half a minute. That means in logs your final result will be reduced according to the time you were inactive.
Second, 31% is not enough for frost mage. Even with the food I bet you don't get those 33%. Even if your trinkets' procs can compensate a little, it's still better to always have 33%. Haste is low too.
Arctic gale is useless on ST fights.

Now about your damage done part:
You should never cast blizzard on ST. It's dps loss.
Your ebonbolt has 75% crit chance which means you don't cast flurry right after ebonbolt to shatter it OR it can be just because your don't have 33% crit chance and ebonbolt didn't crit.
You have 19 BF procs and 17 Flurry casts, 2 procs were munched. Not good for dps.
19 BFs + 37 FoFs = 56 possible lance casts but you did it just 39 times. Seems like you munched 17 procs.
Even with shorter fight length some players have more orb casts, seems like you delay it for some reason. 1-2 missing orbs is worse than delaying it and syncing it with some other cooldowns. You can delay it only if veins is just about to come off cooldown (approx. 5 sec).
Where is your pot of prolonged power? You should use it 2 times - as a prepot and with the second veins.
Chain reaction uptime is low. You ignore sometimes frostbolt > flurry combo when BF procs. Remember that critical frost bolts also reduce cooldown of IV.

PS. and if you are that fire mage then just get your bracers.
Marsel

Re: Logs - what i doing wrong?

Unread postby Marsel Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:27 pm

To me, 31% is fine, btw most of guides say to have between 31~33% crit as the simcraft apps. That's mean u got 31 *1.5 + 50 = 96.5% cc on shatter so either u can live knowing u wont crit everytime shatter proc or u got your 33.35% to be sure to crit at 100%.

However the rest is true, u make a lot of mistakes during ur combos, u have to avoid stuffing mastery as much as u can.

U dont know the frost opening so i recommend u strongly to read the frost mages guide few times cause u still missed important informations.

I will add that ur ilvl is not representative of what ur are capable of. Your stuffs isnt really optimized for ur current spec. You don't have top tiers trinkets and u don t have the 4pc (its really strong) so dont try to compare yourself to other frost mages actually.

In addition, maybe optimize your interface to improve ur CD tracking if u got trouble to follow them in fight.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”