Logs - Why so few comparable icelances

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Syarra

Logs - Why so few comparable icelances

Unread postby Syarra Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:57 pm

So I have been trying my best to improve my dps for months now researching, practising and looking at what others are doing right and what i'm doing wrong, and i really cannot pinpoint at all where i am falling off.

I've linked a log below to my recent normal kill for mistress:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bv ... e&source=8

This is one of many examples where our other mage (with worse gear than myself) does significantly more damage, and it seems the source of this damage is a significantly larger quantity of icelances during fights.

On this fight i was using blizzard on cd, frozen orb on cd (delaying slightly if there were no adds but some coming up soon) I don't really feel like I screwed anything up massively here, and do feel like I was doing all I could to achieve maximum icelances (I am also very conscious of capping on fof procs so i do monitor closely)

My question is what exactly DIRECTLY impacts the quantity of icelance procs you get, surely my consistently worst parses arent all down to RNG, there has to be something i'm missing that is causing this huge disparity in my number of procs.

The only thing I could really notice is that he has 5% more haste than me, is this really such a large impact on procs?

Any help would be appreciated as I am completely baffled as to where i'm going wrong! I can link more logs if you like.
arcan

Re: Logs - Why so few comparable icelances

Unread postby arcan Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:15 am

I assume you are Natalíya, and the "other mage" is Aliatrix. You're using the time warp ring, but there's only one time warp for you that fight, so it's a complete waste of the legendary effect. The other mage is using Soul of the Archmage, giving him the frozen touch (more FoF procs) on top of splitting ice. He also has 2set from nighthold, giving him more brain freeze procs, which in turn gives him slightly more shattered ice lances.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”