Frost Mage Log Help - What am I doing critically wrong?

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Mastinor

Frost Mage Log Help - What am I doing critically wrong?

Unread postby Mastinor Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:33 pm

So, I am looking to up my number of spells cast. That's the reason I am lower on parses than I should be, at least as far as I can tell. But to me, I don't feel like I am "missing" a whole lot of opportunities to cast and feel that, aside from any time I need to move, I am casting all I can.

I am relatively new to mythic so my parses are suffering as I get used to the mechanics, but for the past 3 weeks, I haven't improved much at all and I feel more at ease with the mechanics.

If anyone could take a look and see if they can identify why my # of spells cast is so low, that would help greatly.

I've posted a couple logs below.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/m6VwGM1P8DATvHR9

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/HZKtY6n7Jcv1TCx9
Jezrien

Re: Frost Mage Log Help - What am I doing critically wrong?

Unread postby Jezrien Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:05 pm

Goroth.

In general you did pretty good. You were just unlucky with procs and seems like you had been hit by a few spikes (correct me if Im wrong). Ayway still good active %.
20 Brain Freeze procs and 18 Flurry casts means you munched 2.
58 overall lance cast opportunities and 53 done means 5 casts were lost.
Even though munching procs is always bad, you didn't bring the situation to a horrible state.

53% chain reaction uptime is low. It's probably because you didn't shatter fb when BF procs (fb>flurry>lance).
Your ebonbolt during the opener didn't crit. I assume it's because you did it like ebonbolt>veins>flurry... I've told it many times that it's right opener but only if you got used to frost mage and encounter itself. Shattering ebonbolt is sensitive to positioning. For example, if you stay too close you still have chance to ebonbolt hit the target before Flurry applies winter's chill debuff. Before you find all those things it's better to do ebonbolt>flurry>veins opener, so your artifact spell will always crit. And to have ebonbolt crit rate at 100% during the fight you should keep an eye on your positioning.

To sum up, even if you didn't make all those irrelevant mistakes, you still wouldn't get much higher since random wasn't on your side that day. Just try to give more life to fb>flurry combo.

Demonic Inquisition
If Goroth is random in his own nature and it's hard to fail because of others, DI is a bit different. Your performance also depends on such things like: how healers dispel players, how raid deals with the quills. Which means how fast you gain suffering and how many times you have to clean yourself in the Belac's prison.
Another thing is how players spawn fragments (what is the moment when they go out of prison).
That all was just to lead to understanding how one's performance depends on others more than with the previous boss.

First thing to notice was Unstable Magic. Change it with Arctic Gale.
Second was 33% crit rate of Ebonbolt. It must be 100%. Always. Which means ebonbolt always must be followed with flurry. Also keep in mind what I wrote earlier in Goroth section.
Also while Atrigan and Belac stand close to each other, you should use blizzard on them (but do not blizzard if Belac is about to cast his ultimate. Very little blizzard casts which results in a way less orb casts than it should be.
Again chain reaction's uptime is low. Several munched procs (mostly affecting lances). I might be wrong but seems like RL sends people into prison not when they gain 100 suffering, which is weird. If you try to reduce Belac's damage then it would be better to have 1 more healer and let damagers stay and dps Atrigan during Belac's cast.

Harjatan.

Unstable Magic -> Arctic Gale.
Because of UM talent and low Blizzard cast number, its damage is low too. Less Blizzard casts leads to less Orb casts. Less Orbs > less FoF procs. Less FoF procs > less Lances.
Ebonbolt 60% crit. Also you could cast it one more time.
Chain reaction's uptime is horrbile and you should already know why. Another munched procs.
Have no idea why you didn't BL from the pull.
And you died. With available Ice Block.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”