Fire Mage in need of some criticism

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
killtrick

Fire Mage in need of some criticism

Unread postby killtrick Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:27 pm

Character Name: Killy

Specialization: Fire

Armoy Link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... gion/killy

Log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jk ... M#fight=17

So I'm in need of some desperate help here. I know the tier is almost over, but i'm using this fight log as a typical "ST type fight", so I can have my DPS on point for Antorus. Also, I've just always struggled on this fight DPS wise.

What can I change or work on to up my consistant dps? Am I timing things wrong? I think my opener is solid, but I'd love for some of yall more experienced mages to challenge it, if possible. Where are my areas of improvement. I'm mechanically sound, I'm just not satisfied with what I bring to the table DPS wise and don't want to be "extra-weight".

P.S. I ended up getting lucky and snagging two warforged fire relics from this fight, which put me at 937 iLvL from 931 iLvL.
Give me all the criticism you got!

Thanks!

EDIT: added character name
Jezrien

Re: Fire Mage in need of some criticism

Unread postby Jezrien Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:47 am

If you want consistent dps you should switch to a crit build instead of haste (where you still lack of mastery). Haste gear is for "omg" dps procs, which means you can be at the top and at the bottom (conditionally) with the same items.

About the log itself.
You could have 1 more combustion for sure. 5 minutes fight considers to get 2 combustion even without kindling. And the owl trinket should be synchronized with it.

Try to check this guy. He had almost the same fight duration and he's in a haste build as well.
killtrick

Re: Fire Mage in need of some criticism

Unread postby killtrick Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:38 am

Thanks for the advice. Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like it's more of a stat priority problem and not my rotation?

Also, I looked into Dylemma. He seems to be going Crit < Mastery < Haste < Verst.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”