Splitting ice vs frozen touch

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Trolleríno

Splitting ice vs frozen touch

Unread postby Trolleríno Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:02 am

Heya is frozen touch always better then splitting ice on pure single target fights or is it only if Rng favors you? I simmed my char and it was a 14k dps increase on a patchwerk fight but if nothing procs you dont do much at all :lol:

Best regards Trolleríno
Jezrien

Re: Splitting ice vs frozen touch

Unread postby Jezrien Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:11 am

Well, let's say average lance damage is 1.6m throughout the ST fight with FT talent. If you spec to SI you will gain 5% for lances (and circles) - 60k more.
Let's say you cast 50 lances during the fight:
FT - 80m damage
SI - 83m damage.
3m difference.
So, if FT provides you with at least 2 more lances, it wins against SI.
It's pure numbers for ideal situations. In my opinion, if you are new to raiding itself and you forget such things like consumables and stuff pretty often. Then it's better to pick SI and forget about this tier at all because to fight with SI on ST is not a big deal but it is to fight 2+ targets without. If it's not an issue at all and you're pretty familiar with the encounter then ofc you should do ST with FT because its rng nature can get you to purple/orange logs easier than SI.
Trolleríno

Re: Splitting ice vs frozen touch

Unread postby Trolleríno Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:44 am

Well, let's say average lance damage is 1.6m throughout the ST fight with FT talent. If you spec to SI you will gain 5% for lances (and circles) - 60k more.
Let's say you cast 50 lances during the fight:
FT - 80m damage
SI - 83m damage.
3m difference.
So, if FT provides you with at least 2 more lances, it wins against SI.
It's pure numbers for ideal situations. In my opinion, if you are new to raiding itself and you forget such things like consumables and stuff pretty often. Then it's better to pick SI and forget about this tier at all because to fight with SI on ST is not a big deal but it is to fight 2+ targets without. If it's not an issue at all and you're pretty familiar with the encounter then ofc you should do ST with FT because its rng nature can get you to purple/orange logs easier than SI.
Thank you :)

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”