Why do my AB hit for less?

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
fenix_27

Why do my AB hit for less?

Unread postby fenix_27 Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:26 pm

Hi,

I am an arcane mage and was doing a normal clear with a pug, and on antorus, another arcane mage joined up.

At the end of the fight he outdpsed me by a lot. He got a performance rating of 95, while I got a 60. But on iLvl, he got 93 while I got 19.

So I started going over the logs, to see what I could learn to improve my gameplay. First thing I noticed is he got really lucky with the missile procs, he got over 30% more missile procs than I did. OK that's fine, RNG is RNG, but it shouldn't account for me getting grey numbers.

But the second thing I noticed is my arcane blasts hit on average for 1.54 M, while his hit for 2.10 M, thats 36% more on average from his hits to mine. I have no idea why this is happening, I am trying to go through the logs, but I can't find the reason. I am not that skilled at log rumaging so I was hoping someone more expreinced could lend a hand.

These are the logs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Aa ... source=114

I hope someone can chime in and help me out. Thank you
Bluemanmage

Re: Why do my AB hit for less?

Unread postby Bluemanmage Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:36 am

During the add phase it looks like you weren't attacking the one that takes 100% increased arcane damage. Your AB's did 61.29m dmg to Constellar Designate while the other mage's AB's did 126.53m dmg. Just make sure to find the arcane add and blow it up.
fenix_27

Re: Why do my AB hit for less?

Unread postby fenix_27 Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:04 am

Thank you,

I hadn't noticed this, and will definitely try to focus down my add.

However, this still leaves about 100 M worth of damage that he did more, by his arcane blasts doing more damage.

If I look just at the boss, his blasts do on average 1.93, whereas mine do 1.63, so still an 18% more on average. He has about 1.7k more mastery than I do, but I have about 6.5k more intellect than he does. He literally has half my crit rating (I am about 13.4k and he is around 7k) , so he did get a bit lucky with the crits, since he averaged around 31%, and from his rating he has about 25% . But there is still about 100 M worth of damage that he somehow managed to get, that I just don't see how.

If you can take another look, or if someone else can also take a closer look it would be greatly apreciated

EDIT: So I just noticed something interesting, during AP, my AB crits are only at 28.9% (my crit is 36% with no procs) and his crits are 27.5% (his crit is about 25%), so I definitely lost out on a lot of damge due to just not criting during AP. Also he managed to line up 3 concordance procs with AP, and I only managed to line up 1, this would also lower the strength of my ABs. Anyone else notice something else?

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”