frustrated by iLevel Performance in logs

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
jacho981

frustrated by iLevel Performance in logs

Unread postby jacho981 Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:02 am

Hi,

i don't know what i'm doing wrong. i think i do the rotation correctly most of the time (might make some mistake sometimes, nobody's perfect ;)), and i'm getting this incredibly low iLevel performance in my logs... this is getting me frustrated, and can't figure out the reasons why. I'm pretty new to logging.

i'll put this log as an example, my player name is Peinarratas:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/VC ... 4false%240

This is my armory link, this is the gear i get more DPS with at the patchwerk on class hall. i also have ring of exodar and helmet, but this is the gear i get best dps (even though sims tell me to use helmet and exodar ring):

https://worldofwarcraft.com/es-es/chara ... einarratas

any help would be greatly apreciated, since this is getting frustrating, specially when i see other frost mages doing much higher number...

thx in advance!
Jezrien

Re: frustrated by iLevel Performance in logs

Unread postby Jezrien Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:32 am

You don't have your crit capped (33.34%) and you don't have any trinkets which can get you there with procs. That might be the reason your Ebonbolt had not 100% crit rate.
You should pick Arctic Gale for Antoran highcommand and use Blizzard when adds spawned.
jacho981

Unread postby jacho981 Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:02 am

So maybe i should eat crit food and change some gems/ench yo crit? Would that really mean a change? I think i should be over 2M... feels bad man
jacho981

Unread postby jacho981 Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:05 pm

Because i mean... i dont think that will make a big difference since i critted 80%+ of ebon bolts... donyt think that would make a big dps diffrebece or fix the 30% ilevel performance
Saiirod

Unread postby Saiirod Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:09 pm

ilevel% is based on ilevel (no shit) and because a good % of mages are currently in these upper brackets, your ilevel% can be low if you don't have perfect trinkets or good rotation

Imagine it this way: everyone in your bracket ranged from (not real numbers btw, just for example) 2.15 to 2.25M dps, if you were closer to 2.15 than to 2.25 it'll impact your ilevel%, overall it's not a really big deal in my opinion
jacho981

Unread postby jacho981 Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:02 pm

so should i just focus on standard personal performance % and go get my trinkets and BiS equipment not worrying about iLevel perf %?
Jezrien

Unread postby Jezrien Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:22 pm

You would have more dps if you constantly cast Blizzard (with AG talent ofc) when adds spawn which obviously would lead you to more orbs > more lances > more damage. Also seems like you cast Lances without any procs to maintain bracers buff which has negative outcome too.
Also if you have an opportunity to get some t20 (helm, hands or cloak) it will be a very nice buff.
jacho981

Unread postby jacho981 Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:45 pm

thx for all your answers :) the non-proc ILs are probably just mistakes for spamming the button too much, i dont do it for the buff, i'm just trigger happy when spamming lol but yeah.
i have the complete t20 heroic, but most pieces are 915, i have 930 shoulder and 920 back i think, but i dont have t21 helmet so... have to wear 915 and that lowers my stats and int, i've tried and get less dps. should i use AG talent even on ST? and if anwser's NO, should i still cast procced blizz on single target just to get orbs faster? i thought that was a dps loss. thx!
Jezrien

Unread postby Jezrien Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:41 am

The short answer is: AG and Blizzard for multiple targets (2+) only.
jacho981

Unread postby jacho981 Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:47 am

ok, yeah, i get that, but: if for instance i'm doing a mythic plus,my guess is i should take AG, but when at the boss, should i use my blizz procs even if it's only to get FO sooner, or just ignore them?
Jezrien

Unread postby Jezrien Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:09 am

Just ignore

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”