Underperformed Frost Mage

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
warped

Underperformed Frost Mage

Unread postby warped Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:49 am

Firstly hello to all, im observing this forum since legion starts and made my character based on your comments and advices. So far (since 7.3 patch) i did great performance with my ilvl-tier-trinket combinations however since Antorus begins i cant blend in with new trinkets tier 21-20 combinations etc.

My problem is; Im pretty sure with my dps rotations especially with my opener.I have great stats as 31 crit 34 haste 16 versa with tier 20 cap/gloves - tier 21 4 pieces. I have 950 ilvl barely but i cant perform well compared to similar ilvls. I need some quick research and advice from you guys especially on trinket choices cause i cant decide with 915 terror from below + 915 sentinel / 930 prototype + 955 vitality resonator

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/c ... metric=dps

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... and/ledith
Lotsaherbs

Re: Underperformed Frost Mage

Unread postby Lotsaherbs Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:52 am

Hey just taking a look at your logs there are some simple things you can do to up your dps a bit.

-your opener seems a bit slow, i.e. your ebonbolt is cast 2 sec into the fight instead of on pull. the optimal timing is to
prepot->cast Ebonbolt at 4 sec left on pull timer (if you dont get a pull timer in a pug ask for one, it will help everyone) if you are worried
that the tank will not pull exactly when the timer ends, start that ebonbolt cast at 3 sec. Also on some of your logs you dont Ice lance after casting the first ebonbolt, especially with tier 21 equipped you want to make sure that you cast ice lance after EVERY brain freeze proc.

-It seems you click/press your trinket individually on cooldown. you want to macro your trinkets, racials, Icy Veins, etc into one button
i use the following
#showtooltip
/cast Icy Veins
/use 12
/use 13
this will make it so your trinkets are used at the same time as your Icy Veins which will maximize your damage. stacking trinkets with Icy
Veins will almost always be better than using it on its own.

-I also see on your logs that you are getting more Brain Freeze procs than you are casting flurrys. which means you "munching" (overlapping) your brain freeze procs. this is a huge hit to your dps. by munching a single brain freeze proc you can miss out on about 4 mil dmg (without any buffs) on some of your fights you munch 10 brain freeze procs, thats 40 mil dmg you didnt use.

-Last but not least remember your ABCs of ranged dps: ALWAYS BE CASTING. when you are moving around you are not casting and not
doing dps. Ofcourse you should move out of mechanics because dead dps = no dps, but you should trying to be casting all the time. Use
sites like wowanalyzer.com to see how much downtime you have

These are simple things you can start doing that will increase your dps GL
warped

Re: Underperformed Frost Mage

Unread postby warped Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:58 pm

Really appreciate your great advices; ill focus on that issues.

Anybody wanna add sth other then these ?

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”