Fire Mage Hardcore Underperforming

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
thomasbrezina

Fire Mage Hardcore Underperforming

Unread postby thomasbrezina Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:29 pm

Hello fellow Mages,

So I am playing a Fire Mage and I am hardcore underperforming and I am not sure why... Can anyone tell me perhaps what I could do better?

I would really really appreciate it since I am very eager to learn!

Also, I was pretty unlucky with legendaries... I have:

Belt,
Ring of the Archmage,
Shoulders,
Belo'virs
and the Legendary from the Argus Quest

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Qx ... &source=19
z0nkey

Re: Fire Mage Hardcore Underperforming

Unread postby z0nkey Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:16 pm

Couple glaring issues. Firstly, your talents are wrong for every fight except for maybe Eonar. I recommend running Firestarter, Shimmer, IF, Flame On, Frenetic Speed, Unstable Magic (except for AoE fights like Portal Keeper, High Command, and Eonar, you should use Flame Patch or Living Bomb), and Kindling on every fight except for Kin'Garoth where you can use Meteor for add phases.

Secondly, like you said you have been unlucky with lego's, so try your best to get those bracers as those will be an enormous dps boost thanks to the raw damage from pyro and the additional ignite dot damage. Based on the ones you have, I would be using belt and shoulders for all fights.

Thirdly, you have t21 4 set so make sure you're getting around 50% crit so your combustion up-time is significantly increased helping in all around dps.

Here are my logs if you want to look and use anything as reference: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... ras/huggle

Good luck! PM me for any questions

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”