Question regarding hot streak procs

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Pickles

Question regarding hot streak procs

Unread postby Pickles Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:52 pm

I'm just a fire mage trying to improve my dps,
Thought I might ask if someone had some criticism for me on how to get more damage out, I feel like I should be doing more than I am... Here's my logs https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/6G ... &source=17
I always just use my hot streak procs as soon as I get them, should I ALWAYS hold it and cast a FB and my proc right after? Always been confused by this... I usually just use the proc right when I get it
DeusInvictus7

Re: Question regarding hot streak procs

Unread postby DeusInvictus7 Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:14 pm

Always, always, always try to cast Fireball before using a HS Pyro. The only times I could understand not being able to do so would be to move for a mechanic (but you should be using Shimmer for this ias much as possible) and you don’t want to use Scorch. Otherwise, you need to cast something before your HS Pyro, mainly Fireball and your hard cast Pyros.

If you’re end up running Pyromaniac as your T15 talent, then I guess you could get really lucky and cast a lot of HS pyros in a row, but you have to just pay attention to those.
Pickles

Unread postby Pickles Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:00 am

I do run pyromaniac, and yes, sometimes I may get several in a row... So could that be a huge dps loss? Just using the procs when I get them and not casting a fireball in front of it?.
DeusInvictus7

Unread postby DeusInvictus7 Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:17 pm

I would still try to cast fireball before pyro in every situation outside combustion, the only time you want to be spamming pyro would be if you happen to get multiple pyromaniac procs during combustion.

As for DPS losses, my first question would be: why are you running such high crit with the belt? Surely a ring setup would have been a better option, or even the shoulders to be honest.
Pickles

Unread postby Pickles Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:26 pm

Yea a ring setup would be better, I've since been
running the ring and ROP, still need some practice with ROP... Ty for your input

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”