Berlinia does Fire at times

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Berlinia

Berlinia does Fire at times

Unread postby Berlinia Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:50 am

Hello there AT's

I recently swapped over to Fire and I am looking for ways to improve myself.
http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/kTP ... amage-done" target="_blank

If anyone would be interested in helping out, I would massively appreciate it!
One of my problems is on Galakras the first wave of adds dies so fast that using AT + Combust on them isn't going to work in a million years. I think this reset I did only a PoM + Combust and then 1.5 minutes later my AT + Combust. Is this ok?
Also what do I do on immerseus? On this pull I just picked Frost Bomb and decided to focus on adds, as combustion is terrible...

I am capable of reading logs quite well for Frost and Arcane, so feedback like: Living Bomb uptime is low I will most probably have already spotted. Question on that btw: Is it worth delaying to refresh LB in order to set back in an HU/HS position? Also when I have BBoY procced I tend to more often break potent flames camping and spam Pyro's on 8.9 and 10 stacks rather than refreshing LB at sub 2 seconds remaining. Should I be doing that?

Generally don't fear to go as deep and as elaborate as possible.

Thanks!
Hendrikto

Re: Berlinia does Fire at times

Unread postby Hendrikto Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:26 pm

Question on that btw: Is it worth delaying to refresh LB in order to set back in an HU/HS position? Also when I have BBoY procced I tend to more often break potent flames camping and spam Pyro's on 8.9 and 10 stacks rather than refreshing LB at sub 2 seconds remaining.Thanks!
The most important thing about you mage bomb as fire is the 10% increased damage it gives you on that target. It lasts 15 second thus longer that the mage bomb itself. If you're in a situation where your mage bomb needs to be refreshed but you have HS and HU both up and risk to munch HS, it's beneficial to cast Pyro first and refresh your bomb after that. The potential 1 or 2 ticks don't outweigh munched Pyros.
Berlinia

Unread postby Berlinia Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:38 pm

Then i've been doing it right.
cool
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:03 am

Your LB uptime needs a bit of work. You're cutting it pretty close in terms of losing Pyromaniac uptime, and LB is still the highest DPET spell.

Overall it just looks like your Pyroblast damage looks a bit on the low side. I'm not sure why - WCL shows no armor swaps, so I would assume you ran Molten Armor the whole night, and you also had a ~80% crit rate on Pyro. Maybe just lost cast time? Judging from the log, it also looks like you're running a heavy mastery build, so maybe that is skewing the perception a bit.

Usually we sync Combustions with PBoI, but in your kills, a good number of them were within 4 minutes. Obviously you don't want to miss out on the 3rd Combustion. Say on Thok though, maybe you could have synced the second, and even the third Combustion with PBoI. You'll have to check kill times and judge on your own.

It looks like you have most of the basics worked out. The rest is just practice and refining so you miss less heating ups, avoid munching as many Pyros, and start working on your 2T16 uptime.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Berlinia

Unread postby Berlinia Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:48 am

I am running 19000 Crit, 10000 Haste and 11500 Mastery.
As I am currently sometimes screwing up my opener, most often due to how fast you have to react to the first crit with IB I decided let's just take it easy at start and get a bit familiar with the spec first.

Once question about LB. Is it still always better to try and refresh around 3/(1+haste) seconds before expiration and if you are not in an optimal position to just finish the Fire+Pyro sequence and then refresh, or do you wait untill after it expires? Because I have the feeling i've been doing the later and now think that might be a bad choice :P
Last edited by Berlinia on Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Komma
Administrator

Unread postby Komma Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:55 am

There is no reason to ever wait until a bomb expires before refreshing.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Hendrikto

Unread postby Hendrikto Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:41 pm

The optimal time to refresh it is when LB has only one tick left since refreshing it at this point triggers the explosion. 3s seems pretty much to me, especially with Heroism and/or Meta proc. I suggest using AffDoTs or a similar addon that shows you when your LB ticks so you can refresh it optimally.
Berlinia

Unread postby Berlinia Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:50 pm

Didn't say 3 sec though, said 3s/(1+haste) essentially the time when your final LB ticks and refreshing it is gonna cause the explosion. That is indeed the optimal time I just sometimes go out of my way with HU/HS camping

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”