New to fire mage

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Thundderz

New to fire mage

Unread postby Thundderz Fri May 30, 2014 8:45 pm

Hi fellow mages

I would like to get some help with my fire mage. i need all the tips and trick you can give.
I will be able to upload a log tonight but first of all lemme say that i just started as a fire mage
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/z ... n/advanced

If you also have an advanced guide or something loll. keep in mind that since Vanilla i have NEVER been a DPS and this my first time

Thanks
Komma
Administrator

Re: New to fire mage

Unread postby Komma Fri May 30, 2014 11:47 pm

It is hard to give detailed advice without logs or any details. At your gear level without a legendary meta gem or cloak, and also using a lot of mastery/haste heavy pieces instead of crit, fire may be a bit frustrating to play. Since you're just starting, I recommend checking out Icy Vein's fire mage guide to get started: http://wow.icy-veins.com/fire-mage-pve-dps-guide

In terms of gear, there are some things you can fix. To start, you are 0.52% off from hit cap. Some regemming and/or reforging should fix that. You're also using Windsong on your staff, which isn't as powerful as Jade Spirit.
Admin of Altered Time.

Have an issue with the website or moderation? Send me a PM!
Kver
Administrator

Re: New to fire mage

Unread postby Kver Sat May 31, 2014 11:32 am

There is an advanced guide in the Fire subforums, but it might be too complex at first since it assumes a rather high gear level.

On the subject of gear, I would highly advise you to attempt to acquire the 4 set, all pieces have crit on them and the bonus from the 2 and 4 set is massive. The general advise for you would be more crit: 11k rating really is relatively low.

If you give us a log we can help you with gameplay.
Twitter!

It were as it be it were

I solve problems. Have a problem? Send me a PM!

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”