BF-GS & Flurry

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Brightbrown

BF-GS & Flurry

Unread postby Brightbrown Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:31 pm

First, is Glacial Spike off the GCD (or is the GCD eaten up during it's long cast time)? Trying to understand the BF-GS/Flurry combo... does Flurry cause a freeze for the GS hit so can shatter? Given the long cast time of GS, should the flurry precede it or not?

I am finding fairly long stretches waiting for a BF holding that GS... more times than not, I DO notice that EB is on CD. Never had much feeling for fishing for a BF... but curious how long to wait on the EB CD...
nickseng

Re: BF-GS & Flurry

Unread postby nickseng Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:56 am

1. You do GS->Flurry-> IL. Flurry travels faster and hit will the target first and apply the debuff.

2. It's RNG. Sometimes you wait quite a bit for the BF proc. Sometimes my Ebon just doesn't get used because i'm getting BF procs everytime i have enough icicles for GS. It does average out over the long run.
Brightbrown

Re: BF-GS & Flurry

Unread postby Brightbrown Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:37 pm

Thanks, yeah that is what I have been doing. Took my first step in Uldir last night, with all the movement necessary, not easy to watch so many factors all at once! Given the huge cast time of GS, if I have say 30 secs left on the EB CD, I figure it's better to get off the GS unshattered when I can get it off rather than trying to wait.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”