Mana management and RoP

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Jethro

Mana management and RoP

Unread postby Jethro Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:01 pm

Hello,

I do not fully understand why we should strive to always be around 60-80% mana during the conserve phase, it feels like we can easily manage with only 30% (with Overpowered). Is it only to take full advantage of RoP ? If that is the case, as there is only time to cast 4 Blast or 3 Blast and 1 Barrage, shouldn't we aim for 50% mana instead ?

On another topic, any idea on how long we can delay RoP to synergize with AP ? And the opposite, should we delay AP if we have RoP coming up soon ?

And finally, If we have enough mana to cast 4 Blast after RoP and AP is on cooldown, should we still use Missiles during the RoP ?

Thanks !
Bôw

Re: Mana management and RoP

Unread postby Bôw Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:43 pm

I do not fully understand why we should strive to always be around 60-80% mana during the conserve phase, it feels like we can easily manage with only 30% (with Overpowered). Is it only to take full advantage of RoP ? If that is the case, as there is only time to cast 4 Blast or 3 Blast and 1 Barrage, shouldn't we aim for 50% mana instead ?
I think the goal is just to avoid the 100% mana during Conserve Phase and have enough mana for the Burn Phase. With 30 % mana, you'll surely haven't enough mana to launch your ABs. That's why some guides advice to stay beyond 50% mana during Conserve Phase. Plus, there is no advantage in using extra mana during Conserve Phase (except at the end of the encounter).
On another topic, any idea on how long we can delay RoP to synergize with AP ? And the opposite, should we delay AP if we have RoP coming up soon ?
I suppose the only rule is never stack 2 RoP. So when your AP is about to be up, you should keep your RoP stack and avoid to stack 2 of it.
And finally, If we have enough mana to cast 4 Blast after RoP and AP is on cooldown, should we still use Missiles during the RoP ?
Yup, AM is just forbidden during BL Burning Phase, you should always cast it otherwise.

Hope my english is ok.
Jethro

Re: Mana management and RoP

Unread postby Jethro Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:48 pm

It was very clear, thanks for your answers.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”