Look at my log and help me be better so I can enjoy WoW again

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Noalani

Look at my log and help me be better so I can enjoy WoW again

Unread postby Noalani Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:10 pm

Mod Edit: Moved to Q&A/Help

I've been playing frost since legion but since BFA dropped I haven't been able to hit respectable DPS in raids regardless of talents/gear/boss.

https://www.wowanalyzer.com/report/Ka7vnhTpbV3gr8P9

I would be eternally grateful if anyone could take a look at my logs and let me know what I could be doing better?
Kamiztheman

Re: Look at my log and help me be better so I can enjoy WoW again

Unread postby Kamiztheman Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:44 pm

Just looking at Taloc, since it's the most static fight, you are just are having fundamental problems in general. Not casting Icy Veins on cooldown, not casting glacial spike when you have a brain freeze proc. I believe the log said you casted a total of 6 glacial spikes on that boss. Compared to the mage in my guild who ONLY plays frost, his last heroic kill he casted 17.

Key things to remember:

* Only use a brain freeze proc in order to shatter glacial spike. (Theres a little more to it but it's best you get the basics first) it should go GS > flurry (with bf proc) > ice lance, every single time you cast glacial spike. If you can not do a bf proc after the gs, you hold gs until you can.

* Icy Veins, Comet Storm, and Frozen Orb need to be cast on cooldown. Both of those spells are a hefty portion of damage, so missing them hurts.

* Remember to always have arcane intellect up. 10% int is nothing to scoff at. I'll try to look at a few more fights here and there, but getting those basic things down with help a lot.

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”