Want to get better at parsing

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Paulizzie

Want to get better at parsing

Unread postby Paulizzie Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:11 pm

Hi guys - I'm rather new to this website

based off of my recents raids I have been able to get a lot better with my parsing, however, I am striving to achieve legendary parsing or just consistent epic parsing. I know a lot of this has to do with my rotation and or mechanics in battle and positioning yourself correctly - i try my best to keep track of everything in analyzer and minimizing my down time, continuing casting, using trinkets etc.

so i was wondering if someone could take a look at my logs and see if maybe there is something i'm not doing correctly but essentially I am staying on top of my :

- cooldowns,
- orbs,
- comet storms,
- glacial spikes ,
- brain freezes

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... /paulizzie#

I dont always nail the brain freeze even when I'm spamming my key for some reason( I have a laptop, Acer predator)
Could it be that maybe i need to get a mechanical keyboard? To avoid the delay? or could it be my graphic settings and maybe i should put them all low when in raid? some feedback would be appreciated

I'm also having a tough time dpsing when brain freeze is not procing quick enough - is there anything i can do to help proc them in battle a little more? Is there something i should not be doing?

I'm hoping to capture all my questions in this but i'm sure i have many more. Any help would be greatly appreciated as i do want to be one of the best!

Best,
Paulizzie

twitter: @PaulizzieBL
Dixie234

Re: Want to get better at parsing

Unread postby Dixie234 Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:08 pm

Hi Paulizzie,

At first glance it appears that there are a number of issues in your rotation, as well as the amount of downtime (not casting anything) that you have in encounters.
There is a resource which can give you a detailed breakdown of all these issues, by encounter, known as wow-analyser. (Link below)

https://wowanalyzer.com/

With this you simply paste in the URL of the WarcraftLog you want analysed and it will provide you everything from Major or Minor changes that you need to make to improve your damage.
Finally i would recommend (Re)- reading the Frost Mage guide which is on this website (Link Below).

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6894

This gives a detailed outline of your priorities within an encounter.
If you can get that memorised it will allow your decision making within an encounter to be much more around how to be efficient with your movement (reducing downtime), rather than thinking about which buttons to press.

Hope this has been useful, and i hope that you continue to improve!

Ovi
Paulizzie

Re: Want to get better at parsing

Unread postby Paulizzie Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:18 pm

Hi Paulizzie,

At first glance it appears that there are a number of issues in your rotation, as well as the amount of downtime (not casting anything) that you have in encounters.
There is a resource which can give you a detailed breakdown of all these issues, by encounter, known as wow-analyser. (Link below)

https://wowanalyzer.com/

With this you simply paste in the URL of the WarcraftLog you want analysed and it will provide you everything from Major or Minor changes that you need to make to improve your damage.
Finally i would recommend (Re)- reading the Frost Mage guide which is on this website (Link Below).

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6894

This gives a detailed outline of your priorities within an encounter.
If you can get that memorised it will allow your decision making within an encounter to be much more around how to be efficient with your movement (reducing downtime), rather than thinking about which buttons to press.

Hope this has been useful, and i hope that you continue to improve!

Ovi
Thanks for taking the time to reply ! I will certainly try to follow those!

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”