Switch to Tailoring

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Yonaz

Switch to Tailoring

Unread postby Yonaz Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:29 am

So, I'm Alchemy right now and I heard that you need to craft parts for your Legendarys in SL, so is it a good idea to switch to Tailoring? I mostly do Alchemy for the pots/flasks for raid, but if I can make enough money in Tailoring to buy pots and flasks, I might aswell change. Whatch'ya think?
Fez

Re: Switch to Tailoring

Unread postby Fez Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:20 pm

The base materials for legendaries will be crafted with professions, yes, but they're BoE so you can always buy them off the AH, so switching to tailoring isn't absolutely necessary.

I'd probably still recommend going tailoring over alchemy if your mage is your main though. You can always get alchemy on an alt and trade mats to it from your main (or buy them off the AH), but if you have a tailoring alt, you miss out on the bonus cloth from humanoids. This isn't super significant though, so its all up to personal preference (and which you think could be more profitable)
Yonaz

Re: Switch to Tailoring

Unread postby Yonaz Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:20 pm

Well, I don't have Alchemy to earn money, so if I can get enough to pay for flasks/pots, i'll switch. Thanx, I will probably switch over. :)

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”