Brain freeze proc

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
Gary946

Brain freeze proc

Unread postby Gary946 Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:27 am

Hey, I've been using my frost mage for a while and I understand the FB-BF-IL-IL however i'm abit confused as sometimes when i'm about to cast the two ice lances to shatter I proc another brain freeze(Flurry). Should i finish the rotation as normal and then start again?. Also if brain freeze procs again should I always cast frost bolt before it or is there ever a time where i should just instant cast it then IL-IL. Hope this doesn't sound to confusing. Thanks :D
nathyiel

Re: Brain freeze proc

Unread postby nathyiel Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:19 am

Cast Flurry.

The Frost use a priority system over a "rotation". In your case, Flurry (with Brain Freeze proc) is always more importante to cast than Ice Lance.
If you use the Venthirs ability, you can forget about FB and just spam Flurry - IL - IL. Frost mage can't stack Brain Freeze proc.
my twitter : @nathyiel
my armory : Nathyiel (DalaranEU)
Frost rocks on cleave but Fire reigns on AoE. Where is Arcane ?
Gary946

Unread postby Gary946 Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:52 am

Cast Flurry.

The Frost use a priority system over a "rotation". In your case, Flurry (with Brain Freeze proc) is always more importante to cast than Ice Lance.
If you use the Venthirs ability, you can forget about FB and just spam Flurry - IL - IL. Frost mage can't stack Brain Freeze proc.
Thank you :), is it a dps loss at all not casting a frost bolt before brain freeze proc (flurry) if I don’t use venthirs ability ?
nathyiel

Unread postby nathyiel Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:33 am

You might not have time to do it.
The DPS loss is not casting Flurry+BF because overlap a proc (munching).

Frost will need some redesign at some point. The spec is actually too much focused on Brain Freeze combo and Ice Lance/Icy Veins. Half of our talent are sub-optimal choice and some are DPS loss (Glacial Spike).
my twitter : @nathyiel
my armory : Nathyiel (DalaranEU)
Frost rocks on cleave but Fire reigns on AoE. Where is Arcane ?
Gary946

Unread postby Gary946 Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:48 pm

You might not have time to do it.
The DPS loss is not casting Flurry+BF because overlap a proc (munching).

Frost will need some redesign at some point. The spec is actually too much focused on Brain Freeze combo and Ice Lance/Icy Veins. Half of our talent are sub-optimal choice and some are DPS loss (Glacial Spike).
Thank you 😊

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”