dps decrease?

Ask questions about your mage spec, talents, build, gear, or seek advice on logs encounters here! All requests to help DPS will be relocated here.
areanu

dps decrease?

Unread postby areanu Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:04 am

Hello, and many thanks for your time and efforts to make all mages better. :)

My question, or rather concern, is a but unusual, i believe.
This week i've noticed a conciderable dps loss in comparison to my runs before, and I struggle to understand how i've screwed it up.
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... u/advanced" target="_blank, but i've used 2pc for quite a while and did not swap any pieces lately (so it cannot account for the loss).

To iullustrate what I mean, here's a WCL log link: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/ch ... /5/#boss=0" target="_blank.

I would account my poor performance this week for the mistakes i did, but i think my skill has increased, not decreased.

Then again, i'm not saying i did everything correctly: i, to begin with, have not yet started switching bombs between fights, and do miss procs from time to time, etc, etc.

Many thanks for any ideas, i'm extremely confused. Better gear, better uptimes on some fights, yet less dps all around.
Berlinia

Re: dps decrease?

Unread postby Berlinia Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:38 pm

I checked your malkorok kill from May 31 and May 23.
My idea is that your logs have for some reason kept running after the boss died making you seemingly lose uptimes and stuff.
Check the Bloodlust debuff. It sais you had 81% uptime even though you pulled at the start with Bloodlust.
Probably just a bug there.
areanu

Unread postby areanu Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:22 pm

Thank you for the reply.
Yes, this: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZvA ... s&source=7" target="_blank is probably just a bug of WCL, with incorrect fight end.

However, what causes my confusion is this (for example, but it's pretty much the same on all bosses):

Sha of Pride, May 23rd, 342k dps, 3:44 kill time.
http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/thp ... amage-done" target="_blank
LB uptime: 95.60%
Invocation uptime: 95.72%
FoF gained: 25
Ice lances casted: 25
BF gained: 31
FFB casted: 31
(btw, that's actually bad, as it means i've wasted some? should have had more casts due to extra procs saved via alter time, right?)

in comparison to:

Sha of Pride, May 31st, 258k dps, 4:33 kill time.
http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Yny ... &source=11" target="_blank
LB uptime: 98.73%
Invocation uptime: 91.49%
FoF gained: 42
Ice lances casted: 46
BF gained: 31
FFB casted: 28
(yes, Inv uptime was worse, did not cast in the very end of the fight since it would probably be a dps lost. Missed some BF procs, but managed FoF procs better, if my idea regarding alter time is correct).

However, difference between the two is 84k dps, 25% dps loss. That is despite having higher ilvl during second fight.

I would say "ok, bad luck", but it did happen on every single fight. Every.
And i'm clueless why :(
areanu

Unread postby areanu Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:30 pm

On a closer look, i've noticed Water Ele was not recorded by WCL.
definitely had it in-game, so probably just a glitch.

Will continue to monitor, thanks for help, sorry i've overlooked it in the first place, please close the thread :P
Berlinia

Unread postby Berlinia Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:13 pm

You have to consider. A 3:44 fight means basically that you use your second set of cooldowns and the pot and 10 seconds later the boss dies. So that would account for a significant dps decrease in comparison to a 4:33 kill time.

If you are not snapshotting your bombs, which I assume you do not, it could be that on the first fight you had a luckier streak of snapshots. If you do snapshot then ignore the above.

Do you keep one FoF up for every brainfreeze?

And on a last note you did more damage on the adds on the previous WCL report.
Sorry for my comments they are abit random and I am not thinking clearly atm so there's a great chance I might have missed something.
Cheers
Berlinia
Kver
Administrator

Unread postby Kver Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:17 pm

If the Water Elemental is not summoned during the logging period it tends to be excluded. I'm not 100% sure of how that goes.

As a general rule of thumb, just because your DPS is lower, x event occurred more often or y proc didn't happen as often as "usual" it's generally RNG or you just having a bad moment. Especially shortly after these "buff" patches people tend to expect amazing results, but the boost we've gained from item level upgrades(Especially if you're not fully 4/4 :P) can easily be diminished in value by poor play.

I'm not saying you were playing poor, I'm just saying that DPS in this game is not a stable thing, and subject to many different factors and variables.
Twitter!

It were as it be it were

I solve problems. Have a problem? Send me a PM!

Return to “Post Questions & Ask for Help >>Here!<<”